Casting Superman?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jul 2, 2010.

?

Who Do You Want To Play Superman?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2010.
  1. Matthew Bomer

10.4%
  2. Henry Cavill

8.3%
  3. Chace Crawford

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Christian Howard

1.0%
  5. John Barrowman

4.2%
  6. Jon Hamm

13.5%
  7. Brandon Routh

46.9%
  8. Tom Welling

14.6%
  9. Other.

18.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

To me he has presence...Brandon & Tom seem kinda awkward at times...don't see Christian being that way...thats all. He is a model/actor.

2. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmm yeah, well to me, no fault to him but he bares a similar resemblance to Christian Bale, so him as Clark Kent/Superman would be not so much confusing, but just an odd casting choice. They even have the same first name! Haha. But I get what you're saying.

3. KB24

KB24 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I like Christian Bale. I used to really like him before American Psycho when he was relatively obscure. Now however, his being in every frickin' thing is a bit much. Understandable as he doesn't seem to ever give a bad performance (even if that makes him go crazy in real life ;0) ) and a certain audience will always go to see his movies, but Bale being Superman is going to far. Even if the current Batman franchise were to suddenly stop or reboot for some dumb ass reason, it's just much too much. Maybe that's a good way to sum up reboots. Much too much!

4. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^i think you misread that. Jet and i were talking about Christian Howard, whom looks like Christian Bale, in my opinion. I wouldnt go as far as to say he's the poor man's Christian Bale though, since I only saw him in that Street Fighter Legacy short, where he did more fight choreography than actual acting with dialogue. Oh I guess, I saw the making of... too.

5. Biggshow

Biggshow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

While I'd love to see Brandon Routh get another shot (the problems with his Superman were in the costuming and the direction; not his fault), I think they'll go with a clean break. It should be another 6' + unknown (or little known) so that we can buy into the Clark/Superman thing. Of the list candidates, having just finished watching all of "The Tudors", I think I'd like to see Henry Cavill take the role.

6. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought Brandon Routh's performance rivaled Christopher Reeves'. Brandon would be my choice to continue in the role.

Someone said Cristian Bale? Dear lord no. I couldn't take that lisp, not to mention his lack of presence and charisma.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

New Superman movie tentatively scheduled for 2012

Rumored Apocalypse in 2012

Yeah sure why not.

;)

8. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Superman probably won't come out in December so unlikely to coincide.

9. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

How does Eric Bana strike everyone? I think Hulk has faded away for just about everyone but the comic fans by now, and he certainly has the look for Superman far more than he ever had for Banner.

10. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Routh should get another chance. I really thought he did a great job in Superman Returns.

11. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Stank on ice.

12. Biggshow

Biggshow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^But judging from the poll and several of the comments here, it was a good kind of stink.

13. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

Betty White?

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ Any relation to Perry?

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Routh, of course.

16. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

So we got Tom Welling as Clark Kent and Brandon Routh as Superman...this movie is going to rawk! :lol:

:sigh:

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Looks like Brandon Routh is the favorite to play Superman again. :) (According to this poll ;) )

http://www.brandonrouthcom.blogspot.com/

18. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

Tom Welling or Brandon Routh.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Tom Welling would bring 10 years of bad writing baggage with him. And isn't Welling a producer on Smallville? It'd be a slap in the face to him to bring him onboard a movie and tell him they want to ignore Smallvile.

20. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

The "bad writing baggage" only matters if Welling is writing the movie. Since he isn't I don't give a goddamn. I like him.