The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Gojira, Apr 27, 2011.

1. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

It's not unusual to have changes between Pilot and the rest of the show.. heck, sometimes they change actors.

With BBT the pilot had scenes where Sheldon tried to hit on Penny, masturbation etc. but they refocused and changed his character for the show and that's that.

I wouldn't put too much stock into it that they tweaked a few bits here and there especially if there was much time between pilot and green light for the whole show.

2. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I remember right they go to the sperm bank in both pilots. In the unaired one Sheldon has no problem donating and is made fun of by Leonard for bringing his own wanking material (big butt fetish magazines). In the aired one the now asexual Sheldon refuses to donate.

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Not really, he refuses because he think they are comitting "genetic fraud". And Leonard calls him a "semi pro".

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-QYsfFg4HU[/yt]

4. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

5. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

He can frame them next to his restraining orders from Leonard Nimoy and Stan Lee.

:)

6. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

It seemed more like the other way around at the end. :guffaw:
    JEJ was hilarious!
    And poor Sheldon, being a fan can be hard.

If the B and C stories hadn't been so bland and boring this could have been one of the best episodes of the whole show.

Anyone go dub Star Wars with lines from this episode ASAP! :guffaw:

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"How much did I have to pay her to stop?"

8. Enterprise is Great

I'm glad that JEJ wound up liking Sheldon. A nice change of pace. Yeah JEJ , Leonard's a weenie alright.

9. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I can't believe Sheldon. How can Martin Freeman be on his board but Benedict Cumberbatch isn't??!!

10. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sheldon hates nuTrek and Sherlock Holmes is so far below Sheldon's intellect. :lol:

11. Photoman15

Photoman15 Commodore Commodore

Hey, was the train set from 2/6 the same as the Enterprise's Holodeck train when the computer became sentient?

12. FPAlpha

Nobody commenting on the monumental shift in this episode?

Kudos to the writers for advancing the characters, especially Sheldon. Never in a million years would i have expected this kiss and especially the surprise and apparent joy/desire he experienced when he kissed Amy as a man would kiss his girlfriend.

Him getting a girlfriend was a big step but this is an even bigger one and i'm curious to see if they will pick it up in a timely manner and not wait another season for the follow up.

Raj getting a number from hot vet was also very cute and overdue. Well, he's not the manliest of men but he's still a very good guy who got into his own way more times than needed so it was nice for him to get lucky without even trying (which is often why he fails with the ladies). I also hope this gets explored as it's time to let this "I'm unlovable and no woman wants me" shtick they have going for him as it starts to get old (if creep Howard managed to get a hot wife so can Raj).
    Luckily they got rid of his speech problem in last seasons finale as that was also a very long running joke that wasn't as funny anymore.

Overall big movement on the remaining romantically challenged characters which was due. Let's hope they continue with it.

13. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Maybe even Stuart will get lucky.

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

That's crazy talk.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I find that kind of amusing since, when he was first introduced, Stuart came across as pretty confident and emotionally well-adjusted. It wasn't until later on that he became the sad and depressing caricature he is now.

16. FPAlpha

Yeah, in one of the earlier episodes he's pretty smooth when he hit on Penny by way of drawing her and getting her interest. He's still a nerd but he didn't freeze up automatically when meeting a pretty girl and had some witty lines.. kind of some of the nerds i know when they're on a good day.

Unfortunately he's now the show's sadsack used for cheap laughs and the very worst clichee of nerds (never mind that he's got his own business doing something he loves). He's become the punching bag of the show and BBT should be better than that. I seem to recall he should've been promoted to series regular during the Wollowitz in Space storyline but i guess they decided against it, maybe they thought the cast is big enough as it is.

17. Enterprise is Great

18. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like Amy & Bernadette but this show is like FRIENDS in it's last years everyone is becoming a caricature of how they started.

19. FPAlpha

I don't think so.

People do go through changes and some of them have changed quite a bit.

Amy came in as a female Sheldon but her character expanded (thankfully) and they rewrote her. Maybe they realized that having the same character just with different genders wouldn't work.

If you remember Sheldon was also a littbe bit different in the pilot episode.. he even tried to hit on Penny but they changed his character too a little bit.

Howard evolved from creepy nerd to married and less creepy, just nerdy.

Raj got over his speech problem when in the vicinity of women (finally) and is now trying to find a partner.

Leonard has become a little bit more sure of himself especially when it comes to Penny but basically he's still the most down to earth guy that he ever was in that group (though still a full on nerd).

Sheldon has also developed over time (though at a glacial pace), accepting Amy into his life and starting to call her his girlfriend and most recently initiating the first kiss (which he apparently liked very much).

So most of them have progressed and changed with life and circumstances while still retaining most of their basic character traits. Sometimes they surprise us (such as Bernadette having this horrible competitive streak) but often enough they stay to their roots.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I started off not liking Bernadette, I thought that storyline and marriage came way too quick. I loved how Amy was a female Sheldon.

Now I feel Amy being a horny woman is lame and completely out of character, it's not growth, it's just weird. And Bernadette is fun, but not what she was like when we met her, but in this case it's good.