Season THREE OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Salinga, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sometimes at the same time!

[​IMG]

I'm betting it has something to do with Wesley.......

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

This one never happened, though. It's a photomanipulation of two images, one is Riker from 'A Matter of Perspective' and the other is Picard from another episode.

3. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. Angel4576

Spoilsport :p

5. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

I just watched the writers room extra. Wow. I'd say aside from the cast reunion, this was incredibly interesting for a long time fan like me. As much as we discuss these episodes and the actors/characters, we never get to really hear from the people who made it all happen in the first place. It really was like a fraternity with all those guys being so young, but they had a great leader in Piller and also in Taylor. I really like how Naran broke all four of them down based upon their types of of stories because its really very accurate. I think I enjoyed hearing from Ron Moore the most. If I could pick one guy to lead the franchise again, it'd be him.

6. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It may just be my setup, but the audio track on "Sins of the Father" seems off to me, it was especially noticeable in the opening scene with Kurn on the bridge. I'm wondering if his lines weren't redubbed due to the noise of the costume.

7. cbspock

cbspock Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tin Man looks incredible, and Hollow Pursuits was a lot of fun to watch as well.

-Chris

8. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I am feeling the same way. The Writer's Room special might be the best extra they ever produced for these kind of releases. I enjoyed it immensely! I loved the length of this and even wished it would be longer. All of these guys have great chemistry and it was easy to imagine how they worked together.

One tiny little thing that bugged be, though: I wish they would have talked a little more about DS9. Sure, this is a TNG release, but both Ron and René wrote great stuff (or even better stuff) for DS9 as well and it would have been nice to acknowledge that. But maybe we get a Writer's Room special for DS9, too. I would LOVE that!

9. cbspock

I hope they do something like this for DS9 since there were a lot of story changes and challenges as the show went on.

-Chris

10. cbspock

Hollow Pursuits, Most Toys looked great. Sarek is a really great episode.

-Chris

11. Angel4576

Who Watches the Watchers looks fantastic. The shots of the Enterprise in orbit, and all of the external shots down on the planet - wow!

12. cbspock

In the original Menage a Troi was the planet seen outside the windows of Luxanna's quarters?

-Chris

13. GameOn

GameOn Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

14. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

There was a yellow tinge to this episode originally (kind of like the oft described vaseline over the lens look of STNG SD), the colors are simply amazing. I love this episode as much as when it came out, but maybe a little bit more now!

RAMA

15. cbspock

I noticed in Transfigurations, the scene in the briefing room, John has his on on the window sill, and is standing with his head in "space" The location he was standing it would not be possible if the briefing room's windows had glass in them. I really hate it when directors don't pay attention to details like that. They did stuff like that through out the run of the series.

-Chris

16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just watched Ensigns of Command. I think while I still like the SD Shiliak better, seeing them is motion in HD isn't as bad as I thought they would be. Looking at Trekcore's screencap though, it really did look like Armus without the Goo. Glad I fears were misplaced.

I do still like the episode and McKinze is hot, but man I wonder what it would have been if they had gotten a better actress who didn't sound so wooden. I also still would love to hear that John Wayne voice, if CBS-D is looking for any other special features maybe do a feature that focuses on things that didn't seem to work, according to the crew?

17. DJ Mike

DJ Mike Ensign Red Shirt

Maybe the briefing room windows are, in fact, bendy forcefields! :D

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

I kept waiting for her mustache to reach out and grab me. If they ever do a 3D version those scenes will be downright terrifying. :rofl:

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

The Enemy still holds up incredibly well. There's a real sense of urgency to the story, the alien planet actually feels like a real, alien planet, and Geordi is written probably the best we've ever seen on the show (especially after the somewhat embarassing way he was written in Booby Trap).

The only false note for me is Tomalak. I used to think he was a great villain and antagonist for Picard, and it was only in All Good Things that he became overly hammy.... but nope, he was hammy as hell from the start.

20. Mott the barber

Mott the barber Commodore Commodore

Lots of good Romulan stuff in season 3... And none of it mentioned in Nemesis!
    Such a missed opportunity that movie was...