What happens to the TNG characters now?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by indolover, Jun 13, 2010.

1. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

For TOS, we know that Kirk died on the planet, by helping Picard defeat Soren. We know that, the last we saw anyhow, Spock was on Romulus. And we also know, again, the last we saw, that Scotty had retired to a colony, and that McCoy was still alive in the 24th century and was an Admiral.

But what of the TNG characters? If there are to be no more TNG movies or TV series, then shouldn't the characters get an official send-off? Or at least some kind of closure?

Should Picard be part of the Admiralty, or an Ambassador? Should Geordi eventually be a Starfleet Captain? The same too with Worf (or a high rank in the Klingon Empire)? Should Riker also be an Admiral? Deanna have a high role in Starfleet Medical, along with Beverly?

I really reckon that Paramount should consider some made for TV movies. It would at least present a chance to close off the characters.

2. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Why...really?

Picard: (lying at bottom of a ravine) "muttered"
    Captain of the Enterprise G: "Ambassador Picard..."
    Picard: *grinning* Jean-Luc. Please call me Jean-Luc
    Captain of the Enterprise G: Is there anything I can do for you?
    Picard: (struggles to sit up but gives up) Earl Grey....Hot....Oh My.

3. Gkar

Gkar Lieutenant Red Shirt

You need to download the "made for web" comic prequel to Star Trek. It explains the destruction of Romulus, Nero turning evil, Data returning, Picard moving onto becoming an ambassador and even Worf dying.

4. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Read the TNG relaunch novels if you really want to know more about what happens to the crew after Nemesis.

5. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Ya should really watch the '09 movie.

:vulcan:

6. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

^Er, yeah.. the last time we saw Spock was when he got thrown back into an alternate 23rd century. Did the OP miss that memo? ;)

7. LaBarre

LaBarre Commander Red Shirt

Picard = Captain, Enterprise E, married to Beverly CMO, with child on way
    Riker = Captain, Titan, married to Troi Counsellor, with child born
    Data = dead
    Worf = Enterprise First Officer - kinda like Wolverine with better back story
    Geordie = hoping, still hoping for love.

8. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I dunno about that, because we are in an alternate timeline now, so it would be hard to go back to those days.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

No it wouldn't. That's the beauty of an alternate timeline.

10. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think what he means is that that's where public interest largely is at the moment.

11. Mr Silver

Mr Silver Commodore Newbie

From the end of Nemesis point of view

Captain Picard: Still Captain of The Enterprise E, likely assigned in a diplomatic capacity in relation to Romulus

Riker: Captain of the Titan, on his first mission

Data: Ambigious, its possible Data's neutral net does indeed overwrite B4's and thus Data could be back, perhaps as the Enterprise E's first officer (as he was said to be Riker's successor at the beginning of NEM by Picard)

La forge: Still Chief Engineer on Enterprise E, its possible that he might have been promoted to full commander

Worf: Likely standing in as Enterprise E's tactical officer, until he's reassigned

Troi: Married to Riker, Counseller on Titan

Dr Crusher: Either still the CMO of Enterprise E or perhaps she left to take up a post in Starfleet Medical once again

Wesley Crusher: LT JG on the Titan as an engineering officer if we take NEM's deleted scene as canon (which is likely, why leave it out?)

Dr Pulaski: Probably still at Starfleet Medical, or maybe living with Kyle Riker!?! :P

Guinan: Probabl still tending the bar on the Enteprise E

Nurse Ogawa: Probably still on the Enterprise E

Reg Barclay: Probably still working on the Pathfinder Project

I think that covers just about everyone prominantly featured

12. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Unless she was in the E-E equivalent of Ten Forward when Picard ordered the rammin' of th Scimitar...

:devil:

13. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

She survived. On the E, they call that lounge "The Happy Bottom Riding Club". I see this as meaning they moved the lounge to the bottom of the ship.;)

14. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Not like it's stopped him before.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Picard gets sucked through a black hole and helps nuKirk defeat nuKhan, but ends up getting crushed to death by a collapsing walkway.

16. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe he should stop hoping and get his ass outta the holodeck. ;)