Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^That's my pick as well.

2. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

You can see the image that was used to represent Prynn on the cover of Mission Gamma: Lesser Evil here on Memory Beta.

3. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yikes! I never pictured Prynn quite so...post-electrocuted before.

I haven't gotten to the Mission Gamma books yet in my reading and this image of her is not what I expected.

Thanks for the link, though.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I tend to picture her as Grace Park, who played Sharon/#8 on nuBSG, and is currently playing Kono on the Hawaii Five-0 reboot.

5. Stoek

Stoek Commander Red Shirt

I'm doing a Beyer Voyager re-read starting with Full Circle and while I still personally just do not see Hugh Laurie as Cambridge I have thought of another actor who I think would be perfect. Robert Carlyle. Much of his smugness and smarmy charm as Mr. Gold in Once Upon A Time would work perfectly for Cambridge I think.

6. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed, completely. Try as I might, I could never picture Hugh Laurie as Cambridge. Carlyle is a much better fit for my mental image of the character.

7. Lt. Cheka Wey

Lt. Cheka Wey Commander

He lacks the necessary charisma.

8. Kertrats47

Kertrats47 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For some reason, my brain tends to cast James Callis (Baltar from BSG) as Cambridge. I don't know why exactly, but he slowly started to take shape as Callis the more I read.

9. TJ Sinclair

TJ Sinclair Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Cambridge has charisma? :confused:

To me, he's just annoying and arrogant. There's no charisma there.

10. Cybersnark

Cybersnark Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Before I disappear again to avoid The Fall spoilers, here are some of my recent casting ideas.

Stephanie Sheh as Corazame Ret Ata-E
    I still see the Tzenkethi as a CGI effect, but I can't help but hear Corazame with Hinata Hyuuga's English dub voice. She has the perfect blend of quiet determination and timid diffidence --too good a voice to waste on a one-shot character (hint, hint).

Grey DeLisle as Shakti
    Dr. Soong's ship-AI (and Data's sister? Soong programmed her, but he never mentions a familial relationship), can't help but sound like Aya, the ship-AI in Green Lantern.

Matt Lanter as Glinn Dygan
    Tall guy, younger generation, kinda intimidating even when he's not trying to be --I can't help but visualize him as Anakin Skywalker, and since I think of the CG Clone Wars series now instead of the movies, Lanter's voice is what I associate with Anakin.

Claudia Black as L'Haan
    She has the right blend of brooding menace and cold deliberation; Section 31's unusually emotional Vulcan is a lot like what Farscape's Aeryn Sun would be if she hadn't left the Peacekeepers.

Niall Matter as Wheeler Stinson
    Mainly because no one can play a talented-yet-arrogant jackass like the guy who played Zane on Eureka. Who wouldn't want to see Captain Sisko rip him a new one?

Tatiana Maslany as Dalin Slaine
    It's kind of a waste of her talents (seriously, everybody go watch Orphan Black now), but I something about Cosima's swept-back dreadlocks and glasses makes me associate her with a Cardassian. Maybe she's just one of those people who has "cross-species look-alikes" all across the galaxy. . .

Arnold Vosloo as Jefferson Blackmer
    I don't know why. I just tried to visualize "tough guy, seems suspicious, actually quite nice once you get to know him" and came up with everybody's favourite ominous-yet-charming tough guy.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

12. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

I'm way behind on modern Trek Lit, but this character description and casting really intrigues me. Which books would I find L'Haan in?

13. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Vice Admiral Moderator

^ Her main appearances are in A Time to Kill/Heal, IIRC. I believe she has cameod elsewhere, though.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think she also made an appearance in Zero Sum Game.
    Her Mirror Universe counterpart also popped up in a couple of the stories in the Novelverse MU series.

15. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Awesome - thanks guys, I'll put in some orders at the library :)

16. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

Whenever Ishan Anjar says anything, I hear his voice as Bill Ratner (Councilor Udina from Mass Effect). I don't think his look is quite right, but if there were ever an animated adaptation of The Fall...

17. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Given the events of 'Ceremony of Losses,' I think Udina's 'This is an OUTRAGE!' line would be a definite fit... :p

EDIT: Mixed up my titles.

18. flandry84

flandry84 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Don't know why but I'm seeing Zack Grenier from " the good wife" as Ishan.

19. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

"Do the words 'political shitstorm' mean anything to you?"

20. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Funny you should suggest this actor:

Last week as I watched the Good Wife, I wished that DS9 was still currently in production because Grenier would make a great Ferenghi. Maybe it's his stature or the character he plays on GW, but he has greedy Ferenghi written all over him.