Lost Girl--Season 3?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Greg Cox, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

They were hyping the new season on the Syfy anniversary special the other night, too.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Sciffy will also likely have a marathon of season two episodes before the new episodes begin.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like the interpersonal relations of the characters, but the villain they built last season and the final battle was so weak.

No

Next season is going to be time travelly where the big bad is future Bo.

YES!

They're going to start fighting, Bo on Bo, and then they just make out and try to sexually eat each other to death.

Lets hope the blue screen is up to the task.

4. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Yeah, they seem very deliberately vague about it. I think they don't want to tip their hand to the American audiences that they're really a Canadian show. But occasionally certain Canadian bits come up. I've only just started watching but there is the bit in "Vexed" with the woman on death row and they mention that she's "accross the border." Canada doesn't have the death penalty, does it?

And for those viewers who gave up on the show early on, you might want to at least stick with it through episode 1x08 "Vexed." There are... :shifty: ...things that happen with Bo & Lauren that might make it worth you're while...

:shifty:

(God, I'm such an easy mark for some half-decent femslash.:drool:)

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^One thing I love about Lost Girl is how completely casual it is about sexual orientation. All sexual pairings and romantic relationships are treated the same way regardless of whether the participants are of opposite sexes or the same sex. When Bo gets together with a woman, it's not reacted to differently by the other characters or treated as something unusually kinky -- at least no kinkier than the show normally is (and it does tone down the sexual content somewhat as it progresses). Same with other characters in gay or lesbian relationships -- they're simply treated as ordinary relationships. It's a complete non-issue, just as it should be.

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

"Kinky" is Light Fae and Dark Fae hooking up. Now that's treated as scandalous . . . .

7. The Borgified Corpse

And then, Dyson & Ciara seemed to have absolutely no issues with kissing each other when they were in Kenzi & Hale's bodies in "Original Skin." Makes a fella wonder why Dyson doesn't seem wierded out by kissing a woman that has Hale's face. But then, I'm already wondering why Dyson didn't seem to have any difficulty in adjusting to wearing Kenzi's enormous 6-inch heels.:eek:

So far, I'm up to episode 2x09. I really like this show. The plots aren't exactly rocket science. I often have the bad guy pegged long before the characters do. But the characters are so fun! Kenzi can be my new best friend now! Bo comes across as one of the most relatable protagonists I've seen on any show lately. Hale is fun. Dyson is charming. Trick is very interesting. The only regular that I'm not really feeling right now is Lauren. But I suspect that's mostly because Kenzi doesn't like her, and I'm always compelled to take Kenzi's side in any argument.

Oh, and if you want to see a deeply buried inside joke on the show: When Dyson is first hanging out with his old wolf buddy in "Brotherfae of the Wolves," one of them tells a joke that ends with the punchline, "So then the bear says, 'You didn't really come here to hunt, did you?'" This joke happens to be the favorite joke of the episode's director, Clark Johnson. That's the same Clark Johnson who played Detective Meldrick Lewis on Homicide: Life on the Street and would constantly try to slip that joke into each and every episode where he had even the slightest opportunity.:guffaw:

"Lost Girl will return in... Octopussy!" (A title with far more interesting & appropriate possibilities here than usual.;))

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, things like that have more to do with muscle memory and stuff stored in the cerebellum rather than conscious thought. And it was just the minds/personalities that were switched, not the physical brains, so we can assume that a lot of the brains' more basic "programming" was still intact. So if he'd actually thought about how to walk in that body and those shoes, he would've stumbled all over himself, but if he just thought "walk" and let the body take care of the specifics, just as we all do most of the time, then presumably the body would've still had Kenzi's muscle memory and reflexes.

9. The Borgified Corpse

^I figured it might be something like that.

And can I give a ginormous Emmy to Kris Holden-Reid? He was absolutely phenomenal as Kenzi! I was also very impressed with [COLOR=#136cb2]Lina Roessler[/COLOR]'s portrayal of Hale and Wood's rendition of Bo. Seriously, considering Bo is a character based largely on subtle body language & sex appeal, I did not expect that a burly middle-aged man would be able to nail Anna Silk's cadences with such accuracy.

On the other hand, I was less impressed with some of the other performances in the episode. Anna Silk played Wood with a little too much broad redneck in the mix. K.C. Collins couldn't really figure out what to do with Ciara beyond a very dodgy British accent.

And while Kris Holden-Reid nailed Kenzi, Ksenia Solo seemed to struggle a bit with Dyson. She was great at capturing the feral wolf part but couldn't quite capture the rest of it. Oddly enough, I thought Zoie Palmer was a more convincing Dyson and she wasn't even the real Dyson. (And Palmer wins extra points for having the perfect bug-eyed expression for playing a deranged mental patient.)

I'm bummed that Trick didn't switch with anyone. That would have been fun. :(

But overall, I'm a big fan of body swapping episodes and I think this may have been the best body swapping episode I've ever seen.:techman::techman::techman::techman:

BTW, I think I may be looking up too many Lost Girl websites. I'm starting to get a lot more online ads for lesbian dating services.:confused: