Anyone else having problems with their Amazon movie order? (U.S.)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by gastrof, Nov 16, 2009.

1. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got an e-mail saying the movie had been shipped over the weekend. At the Amazon site, they gave me a USPS shipping number to track the movie on its way here.

At the USPS website, they say they have no record of a package in transit with that shipping number.

Never ran into this before with Amazon.

Anyone else? :(

2. Icarus

Icarus Ensign Red Shirt

They probably use the UPS "Mail Innovations" system that is becoming very popular, where Amazon gives the package to UPS, who takes it to your city, where they hand it over to the USPS to actually deliver it. So USPS won't have any record of it until they take possession of the package.

....that, or they've just created the shipping information and won't actually ship it until tomorrow

3. gastrof

As mentioned, it supposedly shipped Sunday, which is in itself strange.

The Postal Service works on Sundays? :(

4. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Close--they use FedEx's version thereof. (And then FedEx sits on the package in your local depot for 2-3 days before bothering to give it to your local USPS office.)

If you paste the tracking number into FedEx's site, it should show up.

5. gastrof

I tried it.

It worked.

Those MORONS. They plainly said it was a USPS tracking number.

No wonder the Postal Service didn't have any record of the package.

6. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Technically speaking, it is a USPS tracking number; it's their format (versus the FedEx or UPS tracking number formats), and will be entered into the USPS system when the package leaves your local FedEx depot.

Yes, it's moronic. But I can just imagine their customers' heads exploding if they tried to explain that to everybody--far easier to tell them to use Amazon's website to track the package (which combines the two data sources automatically) instead of the shippers'.