Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-release thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

^ I'd like to see some viral marketing on all the upgrades to the new Helicarriers as well, besides the obvious like the new cannon turrets all over the place and the Iron-Man-style repulsors replacing the lift-fans.

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

They could easily have something similar to Trek '09's website with the profiles on characters and essential ships/equipment.

A short couple of minute long 'presentation' narrated animatic of the carriers, quinjets, SHIELD weapons and equipment would be nice.

All in the SHIELD theme, it would work well to bridge the series and movies. You could sneak new pages and hints onto it each time a film comes up, make specifically filmed clips.

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreeable on all points.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I would be up for that stuff too.

Do we know how big of a role Sharon Carter is going to play yet? I'm a huge Emily VanCamp fan thanks to Revenge, and I was really looking to seeing her in this, but so far all we've seen is one quick flash in one trailer. I'm starting to wonder if it is a fairly minor role.

5. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

An early screening of the film just got good reviews. I hope so. So far the MCU is entertaining but pretty shallow overall. Hopefully this film will examine in more depth the world the MCU takes place in.

6. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

It's been said to be a smaller part aimed at setting up future appearances. We don't have many details about it beyond that.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Looks like Marvel has revealed its mystery movie that had been set for May 6, 2016: It's Captain America 3.

Just to remind everyone, Warner Bros. has also staked out this same weekend for their Batman/Superman crossover movie. It's going to be interesting to see which studio blinks first.

8. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

That didn't take long.

9. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ha! I figured WB would be the ones to move. :lol:

Gotta say, I love the confidence Marvel is showing in TWS by announcing its sequel before it even debuts. They must be feeling really good about it.

10. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

They got jelly in the belly...real scared.

11. DEWLine

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

"Project Insight"...talk of stopping threats before they happen...my theory over in the SHIELD thread could have some merit....
    Maybe SHIELD has a psi division that's classified behind a very high security level...hence the conspicuous party line about there being no proof of mental powers in the MCU.

13. Turtletrekker

14. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

It's not uncommon

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/10/02/amazing-spider-man-3-screenwriters/

And Sony did they with "Amazing Spider-man" too

It's a mix of "confidence" and striking while the iron's hot.

Ofcourse "Green Lantern" also announced a sequel even before the first movie debuted

Marvel has real confidence in what the Russo brothers brought to the table for "Captain America 2"

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's pretty common. I'm pretty sure they also announced the a second The Mortal Instruments movie before the first one was released, and we all saw how that turned out (or didn't).

16. DEWLine

17. Locutus of Bored

So, I was watching Crisis on NBC and a commercial came on for Winter Soldier which gave away a huge spoiler. I don't particularly care myself, and there have been some vague hints about this thing in other promos that could give it away if you were watching all of them, but if I was someone trying to stay spoiler free I'd be pissed that they gave something so major away at the start of a commercial which you'd have no advance warning to avoid.

In the commercial, Cap solemnly says to Black Widow that "Fury's last words were not to trust anyone." This no doubt follows the scene where Black Widow is sad about the body on the examination table under the sheet, which no doubt follows the scene where Fury is shown severely wounded in the hospital.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  18. Turtletrekker

Yeah, about that...

There is a shot from the second trailer where Cap is talking to Nick and saying "You told me not to trust anybody", and Nick looks pretty beat up. This would obviously be after Nick said this as his "last words". I'm guessing that the Nick that "dies" is an LMD.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  19. Locutus of Bored

Well, if that's the case, I'm glad they didn't give away such a major spoiler (or did it as a twist).

20. Turtletrekker

Also...

...SLJ is confirmed for Age of Ultron and still has three movies on his contract beyond that.