NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by SmoothieX, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Mixed feelings about the Broncos loss. On one hand, they far exceeded my expectations this season. I really thought this would be a 8-9 win, get comfortable and get back into rhythm season. I never would have guessed 13-3 and legitimate contenders for the Super Bowl, and I thought anyone who did expect that this season was being unrealistic. So from that perspective, I should be somewhat happy and optimistic for the future. On the other hand, they've raised the bar to much through the season that it's frustrating to watch a promising season end like that. It sucks that they lost by three bloody points, especially when you consider how bad they looked at certain points in the game- if they got rid of even one of those mistakes along the way, could they have won it and moved on? At least Denver can place claim to participating in the only good game so far this postseason (even if the refs needed to be taken behind the stadium and beaten by members of both teams). I'm hopeful for next year though!

While I normally root for the complete failure of the teams that stick it to Denver, I'm going to go ahead and root for the Ravens now. I'm a Ray Lewis fan, and if Denver can't make it to the promised land, I can at least root for Lewis to end his career in style.

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Yeah, Ray Lewis is a pretty awesome dude, if you disregard the whole "involved in a double murder, lied to police and probably destroyed evidence" thing.

3. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Yep, different team, same shitty run game.

The game totally changed once Moreno was knocked out. Pass protection went to shit, and those two jokers in the backfield couldn't muster more than a 4 yard rush if their lives depended on it. There was one play where Hester was completely destroyed by the DE, which led to a Manning sack. Meanwhile, Ray Rice is busting out a 100+ yard game, and on the other channel you got Kaepernick with almost 200, Gore with over 100, and not really sure what happened with Green Bay (although, they lost too and that could probably get placed on the shoulders of the run game, too).

If Denver wants to make a serious run at the Super Bowl next season, they need to be spending a first round draft pick on a running back next season. Trade up if they have to, the window with Peyton is small.

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'n not looking forward to hearing this all offseason: Bronco playoff wins: Tim Tebow = 1, Peyton Manning = 0.

5. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

A look at Tom Brady's inbox.

[​IMG]

6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

^ :lol:

I was glad to see the Broncos lose. They really deuced the futon there.

As for the 49ers...I have to admit that was an amazing athletic performance by Kaepernick. Obviously the Packers should have studied more Rams' game film.

:p

Still, I just can't get into that style of football. I must be getting old and crotchety....it bugs me, for no rational reason.

7. SmoothieX

Ah, soiling the sectional, splattering the sofa, loafing up the loveseat.

The sort of offense run by Kaepernick, Newton, and Griffin is exciting individually as they are very talented athletes, but they bother me as an overall offensive package. If I want to watch a gimmicky offense, I'll watch a college game. I'd rather see Brady or Manning (unless it's against Brady) march his team down the field rather than a smoke and mirrors offense.

8. Timby

I'll be very interested to see how Kaepernick and the 49ers do next season. It's been a long time since the NFL has seen a team running what is essentially a pure read-option offense, outside of Tebow last year, but between San Francisco and Washington, there's a lot of game film to break down and scheme against.

9. SmoothieX

I keep hearing the read option and wildcat are two different styles of offense, but they never explain the difference on tv.

10. Timby

The Wildcat involves a direct snap to a player lined up as the running back and has an unbalanced line, whereas the read-option involves the potential for the quarterback to run it himself, or hand off to the fullback or running back.

Discussion of the Wildcat has been pretty awful in recent years, as commentators like to refer to it as an offensive system, when it's really more of a line formation.

11. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

To the Packers fans who are still mad at the Hawks... I wish that call hadn't happened with your team. I love the Packers, except when they're playing against the Hawks. Our teams have a shared history and some shared players as well as a common awesome coach. Please don't stay mad at us forever... :(

12. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Crap. I guess it's less heartbreaking to lose in a blowout, but did the Packers have to look that inept? Their defesnse has been suspect all year, but it looked like they didn't prepare at all. Have to say I was pretty impressed by the Niners' game plan and Kaepernick's play in particular.

At least I don't have to root for Seattle again.

I didn't understand that either. And I was hoping they'd put Donald Driver back there. He said he wanted to play and was wiling to play on special teams. They should have given him the chance.

13. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Comeon Seattle, make this more exciting please. Don't let the Falcons score from this drive if possible.

14. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Seeing as I'm a perfect 0 for 2 in predicting wins (go Broncos and Packers!) I'd like to make that a perfect 0 for 4 by picking the Seachickens and Patriots to win today. :face_laugh:

One more thing solely for the lulz: The Jests are continuing to talk to former Bears GM Jerry Angelo. Heaven help them if he's hired there...the dumpster fire will continue to rage on indefinitely.

15. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

The Seahawks are fucking stupid. I'll just play Fallout or something.

16. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

^ They're looking a little smarter right now. Must have taken their Underdog Super Energy Pills.

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Bryant is gonna make this FG.

18. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

You're right. Though he did get a practice kick.

19. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Something just doesn't feel right about that win.

20. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Carroll's an idiot for trying to ice the kicker and then claiming he didn't know who called that timeout when it was clearly him according to the replay.

Considering the Falcons had almost more than they could handle with the Seahawks, they're gonna curbstomped by the Niners next week. I got the Niners by at least two TDs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.