USS KELVIN BRIDGE DIAGRAM

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by aalenfae, Feb 22, 2014.

1. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

Here's something I've been working on a bit - a layout for the USS Kelvin bridge. A ton of painstaking research has gone into getting things decently correct.

Keep in mind that it's only WIP! Lots of things aren't done yet!
    [​IMG]

2. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

3. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I agree.

Good start...:)

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice!

Have you got any idea what the various stations are? It seems the Kelvin has similar "observation" stations either side of the viewscreen to the new Enterprise (no clue what the panels beneath the 'windows' are). Are the extra stations facing port and starboard maybe auxilliary science and communications stations, like the rear podiums on the new Enterprise, too?

5. aalenfae

Thanks!

I'm really not sure what each station is. We don't really have enough available evidence to determine what each station does. However, concerning the "extra" port and starboard stations... the starboard station definitely seems to be some kind of science station, as the guy there is the one monitoring the captain's bio signs.

However, both port and starboard stations report tactical situations, as well. Guy in yellow (Pitts, according to Memory Alpha) on starboard says "They've locked weapons!" and George Kirk on the port station reports the vector of the torpedo. Maybe Pitts is a science officer, and weapons locks are a part of interpreting his sensor readings, and Kirk is tactical.

Here's what I came up with. I judged the engineering station based on the kinds of displays on that station.
    [​IMG]

6. aalenfae

New update! Apart from finding a place for the on-screen sets, I've done a little bit of theorizing about what the rest of the space might be filled with. Added a little conference room, justifying the external windows on the bridge module.
    [​IMG]