Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

You know the best thing about the PS3 version is that Overlord, Kasumi, and Lair of the Shadow Broker come WITH the game.

3. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's cheaper to buy the 360 version and the story-based DLC separately than to buy the PS3 version, though. :p

4. Hartzilla2007

Yeah but I don't have to change disks out half way through.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

So an extra few seconds is really worth that much to you? :p

6. Hartzilla2007

That and not havinjg to replay ME1 if I don't feel like it thus sparing me from using the ever annoying Mako. Plus I don't have a 360 so to buy one to get the 360 version and the using a controller is way easier than the keyboard for the PC version, also the comic they used in place of ME1 was kind of cool.

7. Skywalker

Speaking of ME1, I just finished replaying it for the seventh or eighth time a few days ago. :D

And don't sweat it, by the way, I was just giving you a hard time. It'd be nice to not have to swap out discs, but I've already played ME2 six times and have all the DLC for it that I want, so it'd be silly of me to buy a brand new copy just for that. Plus I didn't really like the way it 'felt' when I played the PS3 demo.

8. Hartzilla2007

Really how different is it from the 360 version?

9. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Different controller?

10. Skywalker

It was mostly the sticks. Moving Shepard around and controlling the camera felt too loose and awkward, while doing the same on the 360 controller, it felt smoother and much more natural. But that could just be because I prefer the 360's controller over the PS3's in general.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I need The Arrival DLC now...

need my ME 2 fix :drool:

12. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Can I just say, I hate the Hammerhead. Felt a need to share it with sb.

13. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The Hammerhead is terrible, I do miss the Mako soooo much :wah:

14. Hartzilla2007

I don't the Mako sucked.

15. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The mako could climb the highest mountain! [​IMG]

Seriously, that thing could go anywhere.

16. Skywalker

The Mako was fine. At least you didn't have to worry about it blowing up if you got hit by a stiff breeze.

17. Hartzilla2007

Funny I tried that when going after the Cerberus Base you find out about on Pharos and it couldn't do that.

1) All you have to do is retreat out of enemy firing rang till it self repairs.

2) The only thing going for the Mako is the shield which after it goes down you need large amounts of Omni gell to repair it if it gets blasted enough while retreating or taking that last group of enemies out and the Hammerhead self repairs way faster then the Mako Shield recharges.

3) The independent turret control kind of sucks when all you can turn with the Mouse is the turret and you have to stop to turn then damned thing EVERY DAMNED TIME THE ROAD BENDS, plus better thrusters would probably make short work over mountain climbing then tires that never find any damned traction.

Oh and on the unrealted subject of the PS3 version I though I would point out some interesting things.

1) Pharos gets the shaft in the comic as they totally skip it in the story and just do Virmire and Noveria then hit Illos.

2) I think one of the preorder armors is in the PS3 Cerberus Network package.

18. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Mako looks like something from hard sci-fi.

The Hammerhead is a GI Joe toy.

Independent turret control and shields make it a tactically viable vehicle. You can actually use armored tactics, wheras with the Hammerhead you either

A) Jump up and down from behind a nearby rock
    B) Jump up and down from behind a faraway rock

19. Skywalker

Well, there's your problem. You're playing a game that was designed for consoles on a PC. :p I heard the ME1 port for the PC had some issues like that.

And yeah, Feros gets the shaft, but since nothing of any real consequence happens there (ooo, you get "the Cipher," big whoop), I don't have a problem with it being ignored.

20. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That isn't quite so useful on Insanity. ;) You don't have time to retreat unless you were already on the very fringe of enemy firing range anyways.

The Hammerhead self-repairs faster, but the Mako does self-repair without omnigel. Especially if you save and reload. :techman:

Eh. In general I find third-person to be frustrating with mouse/keyboard, so poor controls for that are not something endemic to the Mako as far as I'm concerned. :)