The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

To be perfectly honest...I still don't get HOW the zombies got Jimmy? Was he a dumb ass and forget to lock the damn door? The door swings out so the zombies would have had to been able to open it. Additionally...why exactly did he stop and run to the back anyway? Once they were on the roof all he had to do was drive over to a safer spot and then let them in. As long as Rick and Carl held on they would have been ok. Jimmy's death was the only one that did not work for me since I could not figure out how the Zombies got to him.

2. Gotham Central

One thought on Lori...

Apparently Kirkman has suggested that Lori's reaction was that she was angry with herself. That does not match what we saw on screen...but that COULD be a plausible reaction. After all, Lori knows something that Rick does not...Lori's final conversation is what set Shane off.

Lori caused Shane to snap. If you watch the episode, prior to that conversation, Shane seemed almost resigned to his fate and the fact that Rick was in charge. He could see that he was slowly being replaced and that his behavior was making him more of an outsider. As he said to Lori...he did not expect any help.

Then Lori opened her big mouth and Shane snapped. If Lori had kept her mouth shut, Shane would still be alive. But instead she pushed him to the breaking point. Right after that he decides to kill Randall and then Rick. Lori has to know that's what happened and that might explain her odd behavior. How does she tell Rick that he own actions probably caused his best friend to try and kill him.

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think Jimmy unlocked the door for Rick and Carl to get in, not understanding that those two were near the top of the barn and could only jump onto the roof of the RV to escape.

If that was the real reason why the door was unlocked, the dumbass deserved to get ripped apart by the walkers. :rommie:

4. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

That's what I thought, miscommunication, he thought he was letting them in, though he should've figured that was a bad plan with 10 Zombies surrounding the door

5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

The one thing I really liked was that they didn't make the killing of Shane the cliffhanger. I think most shows would have ended it there. I really liked that he died in the episode before the cliffhanger.

6. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I think Glenn really does love her, but a small part of telling her that was to calm her down too.

I was really worried that Maggie was going to crash the car during the entire scene. Glenn was smart to take over as driver.

7. MPH

MPH Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was just an easy way of getting rid of him as he was just really an glorified extra plus it took the RV out of the series aswell. I do agree though the whole scene didn't make much sense.

8. Gotham Central

Wait...he knew they would be on the roof. There's a hatch up there that opens from the inside. Why would he open the door?

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I don't think he did. Darly clearly only told Jimmy to circle around the barn and check the back. He must have just asummed Rick and Carl were on the ground.

It is either that or the RV was never locked in the first place, which makes Jimmy look even worst.

10. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I agree with the poster upthread who had reservations about Michonne appearing. I'll give the character a chance, of course, but I'm one of those people who never read the comics either. TWD is fairly grounded in reality with real people in an extraordinary ZA kind of circumstance. When I saw Michonne with her chained zombies, it was a very "sword and sorcerer" image. I found it jarring in a bad way. It may work. I hope it works. But as someone unfamiliar with the comics, I can understand a :wtf: reaction to her presence.

Plausible, but you're so right that it doesn't match what we saw on screen. With all due respect to the poster who noticed that her facial expression didn't change until Rick told her about Carl, what I can't get over is that she was in physical contact with him to comfort Rick about the group's reaction to the virus reveal, but that she backed away when he told her he'd killed Shane. All I can do is filter that through what I think I'd do--if I thought my actions had caused a lethal situation for which someone else was blaming himself or herself, that last thing I'd do is actively try to make them feel like shit. But that's just me. :rolleyes: Lori's behavior is bipolar.

Also, what does Lori expect Rick to do to keep Carl from "turning stone cold" as she said right after Sophia met her fate? Rick didn't kill Randall because Carl was watching. He had to shoot Sophia--no choice. If Lori had actually kept an eye on Carl he wouldn't constantly be getting out of the house. Gender roles you were speaking of to Andrea, Lori? Remember that? No, Mr. Kirkman, the character didn't come across as "angry at herself." She came across as judgmental, unfair, and just plain wrong. Zombie chow. :lol:

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Aw, too bad. I like Rutina Wesley. I've never seen this other actress before, but she'll probably be good; they've done a good job with the casting so far.

12. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In regards to the theory that Lori is zombie chow, I have a feeling that-all things being equal and regardless of what did/does or did/doesn't happen in the book- the perceived need for a female lead on TV and the inability to prevent child actors from aging mean we'll lose Carl before we lose Lori.

13. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Depends on the story they want to tell. A female lead may be necessary, but Lori certainly isn't and hasn't been. The most important thing she has done all season is run off and crash a car and need rescuing. Made for a cool scene when she was escaping the car, but added nothing to the story.

14. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw it last night and liked it. I enjoyed the beginning sequence, and it was nice to see the helicopter and have a reminder that there's a bigger world out there.

But seriously, what is with the women? Suddenly Carol and Maggie are whispering to their men that they'd be better off on their own. Daryl seems pretty unimpressed and it looks like he's with Rick pretty much no matter what which is fine by me.

Rick probably should have told them about the infection but I can understand why he didn't. The rest of the group should cut him some slack, he's had to try and hold the group together while the rest of them have been wandering around bitching.

Lori...ugh.

I figured the red shirts were going to die and we didn't know them well enough for their deaths to have any real impact.

I kinda wish T-Dog had just kicked Lori and Beth out and continued driving to the coast. He's done absolutely nothing this season, I'd love a little bit at the start of next season just seeing him chilling out on the beach drinking a mojito. :lol:

15. Disruptor

Disruptor Commodore

Will we ever find out how the Latino family did after they went their own way last season?

I want them to find Jim, alive and well. Turns out he just had food poisoning.

16. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL.. yea, he had a bad reaction to the fish Andrea and Amy caught.

17. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking of Lori's odd behavior form another angle that may come across as sexist but I don't mean it that way.

How many times in real life have men interacted with women who beg them to, "tell them the truth," only in reality to regret doing so.

In the Walking Dead Lori and Rick seem to have come to a footing of truth telling in their relationship.

Lori essentially begs Rick to 'handle Shane,' only in the last episode to freak out when Rick does.

So I was thinking in real life how this happens on a different level:

Woman tells man to tell her the, "truth."

Woman to man: "Does this dress make me look skinnier, and I want you to tell me the truth?"

Man: "You sure you want me to tell you the truth?"

Woman: "Yes"

Man: "No actually you don't look any skinner in that dress."

Woman: Cry, cry, cry, whine, whine, whine, "Why doesn't it? Do I look fat? Is that what you meant?"

Man: slaps his forehead and wishes he hadn't told the truth.

:)

So in the season finale, Rick told Lori the truth and she acted as many women and for that matter men do when they don't really mean they want to hear the truth and react badly despite demanding it in the first place.

This is how people in real life interact unfortunately.

18. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

That's an interesting way to look at it. The word "truth" itself has a long history in which it carries two meanings: factual accuracy, the more common definition in our scientific age; and that which should be true, often in a spiritual sense. I think when people ask for the "truth" they are often asking for validation of something they believe should be "true" in the sense that it goes beyond facts, and that turns into "truth" being what you want to believe very quickly.

So maybe it does make sense for Lori to have reacted this way, having wanted to hear something else; and maybe, further, Lori has discovered what many peopele have discovered: that you can't see a person the same way when you know they've killed, especially if it was someone they knew rather than anonymous threats in an abandoned bar.

19. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Exactly. In the dialog she almost gives Rick an "out," by asking specifically if Shane was killed by the walkers. He tells the truth. BTW his son asked the same question and he didn't lie to him either.

It probably in real life would have been smarter to tell the truth about the zombie virus when Jenner first told him but kept the details of Shane's death to himself.

But the way they set it up creates better drama for television.

20. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

nonononono, bites kill. They give you the fever, the body's temperature goes way up and then you die. And then you return. There's no retcon here.