Captain Worf?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by David.Blue, Oct 15, 2013.

1. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

That would be amazing if it could happen, they could explore worfs character in more depth, would not know how many series it could last for, plus would we have cameos of next gen, deep space nine crew,plenty of possible stuff

2. SolitaryJustice

SolitaryJustice Lieutenant Red Shirt

It would be a different direction, but that COULD be a very well-done show.

3. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

i just hope it gets picked up or we see it on Netflix, will be great.

4. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I really have no interest in seeing Michael Dorn again. I have more interest in seeing Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto again.

5. SolitaryJustice

SolitaryJustice Lieutenant Red Shirt

Man, I think it's a great idea. I bet you could land appearances by a ton of people like those shows did, as Klingons! Edward James Almos, Christopher Meloni, James Spader... imagine...

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

All I'm imagining is my boredom as we've already been subjected to 18+ seasons of Klingon non-sense.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The majority of "Klingon episodes" could be erased from existence, and I'd never care, except on some level about how it's good to preserve media for posterity. Only a minority of those episodes were any good to begin with. Most of those were in TNG, and easily half of TNG's Klingon episodes were crap.

8. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The problem with anything based on a particular alien race is that not everyone likes said race or gets easily bored with them.

9. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I just think the Klingons were badly overexposed during the Berman years. It was fun to glimpse them in the Abramsverse but I'm one that really isn't going to be excited if the next movie features them.

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

The reason is easy enough to understand. Once you have a good thing going (which they generally did at first, I think), it's a great temptation to keep going back to that well.

11. C.E. Evans

There are people who feel the same way about the Borg or felt way too much screen time was given to the Bajorans and the Ferengi in DS9. Some are even sick to death of Vulcans in Trek.
    I think it generally does come to what Star Trek race is your favorite or one you don't get tired of seeing.

12. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I rewatched STIII yesterday, and thought the bit where Kruge beams down to Genesis, is immediately nearly killed and then casually reports "Nothing going on here" was hilarious. It made me want to see a Klingon comedy version of Star Trek (or read How Much For Just the Planet? again)

But serious Klingon political dealings? Booooor-ing!

13. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

If we got more of a Kor from "Errand Of Mercy" vibe - or any TOS type Klingons - I'd be OK with it. But the TNG/DS9 "honour and bravery", Klingon Houses, political machinations sort of thing is well and truly done and dusted, we really don't need anymore of it.

14. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Have to agree. Klingons have been overused to the point of becoming a parody of themselves, all bolstering about honour and war but not being great on either front. I agreed with Ezri Dax and her opinions on the Empire, it deserves to be left alone and die out.

I hope they won't be back, all the bling is disturbing. Plus what's with the helmets? Klingon skulls are thick and bony, rendering head protection pretty useless other than a fashion accessory.

15. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny, I was thinking that about the humans.

I'd love a show dealing with the Klingons! Literally EVERY single other non cartoon show on TV right now deals with humans. And we are DULL.

16. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

IIRC, no, it's the reverse; the qualities would have spread into the gene pool and based on intermarraige, there would be a lot of Augements around. It's if the Auguments only marry other Auguments and interbreed that the race would be extinct due to the sameness of the genetic stock.

17. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This article would seem to put the kibosh on the Captain Worf project.

Looks like the project has been put on the backburner:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/did-jj-abrams-star-trek-611279

That article is dated 21 August 2013. In other words, even though Dorn says the project is "not dead yet," it basically is for the foreseeable future.

18. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

"You have no honour!"
    "No, YOU have no honour!"
    "I said it first!"

19. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Our collective stereotypes about "warrior races" are much duller, IMO.

20. C.E. Evans

I think a hypothetical Klingon show can't be just about the Klingons. If anything, it should probably show that the Klingon Empire actually consists of many races like the Federation, but that Klingons naturally dominate. Some of those races may have been conquered, while others may have willingly joined the Klingons for various reasons (including a dislike of the Federation).

It should paint the Klingons as being more than one-dimensional, perhaps even revealing that most of their warrior bluster is more of a long-standing policy with other nations and that some hidden non-warrior aspects of the Empire would surprise us, including the roles of non-Klingons within it.