William Shatner wants to return as Jim Kirk in Abram’s Universe...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by 1bulma1, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Cap-Pick-Card

Cap-Pick-Card Ensign Red Shirt

CommanderRaytas, Khan got the bleach from drinking the blood of his Aryan super friends.

2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

And he'd written, with the Reeves-Stevens, a trilogy of hardcover novels set in that universe, including a surprise return for an older Emperor Tiberius, in a strangely-dropped story arc when other events seemed to distract the authors.

3. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Definitely not too old to play Kirk.

In some ways he looks better than he did in Generations. Especially the "hair".

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't understand that anyway. Yeah, Kirk died in Generations, let's forget about that for a second. Why is it impossible that Kirk gets old? How can an actor be too old to play a character, if the character is his age?

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Dying tends to get in the way of that.

6. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

You only forgot about his dying for a literal second, didn't you? :lol:

7. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Had Enterprise went into a fifth season? They were planing to do a five part mirror universe episodes. But I don't know if William Shatner would had been in it or not.

8. Mr_Homn

I agree. I just meant he is still able to give off that kirk "vibe" of adventurous somewhat cocky youth. Even though hes 81, which is remarkable.

On the other hand, seeing the very old looking and feeling nimoy reprise spock is mildly depressing to me. Whereas seeing shatner as kirk again would be more uplifting because of how youthful he stilll seems.

Im sure many disagree though

9. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

It's a shame I will never know what I might have thought about an aged Spock if I had liked the movie, but as things stand he does come across a bit like someone's grandfather. Is it suggesting too much to believe that would not be a problem if Spock had retained his more iron youthful persona? It's unfortunate that a changing cultural normal can corrupt a good character like that. ST09 had an "excuse" to put that right and kicked for touch.

Wouldn't it have be fun to see nuSpock accuse his older self of selling out and have Spock Prime apologise profusely for succumbing to the pressure of excessive human contact! A kind of "walk a mile in my shoes" defence. :lol:

10. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

He wouldn't. They couldn't come to terms over money - and I'm guessing what he was offered ended up going on the recreated TOS bridge set.

11. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Not having Shatner was one the best decisions made in making XI. Kirk's dead and should stay dead.

12. Mr_Homn

Eh, I don't think old-spock looking at a hologram of his old friend, or visualizing shatner during the mind meld, or something like that, would have necessarily hurt or helped the movie. They already shoe-horned Nimoy in so it's not like it would have been any less credible.

However, I still think the best use of Shatner in the new movies would be to make him some kind of comic-relief bartender, in a cameo or something.

Just imagine how hilarious it would be to have a quick scene of Shatner as a bolian bartender or something. Serving drinks and inadvertently giving some valuable piece of advice to Nu-kirk. Seeing shat in alien makeup for the first time after all these years would be pretty funny... and something tells me he'd make an excellent bartender.

13. NrobbieC

Okay, the image of a fat Bolian bartender with Shatner's speech pattern is quite funny.

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This would have been great!! Too bad he's not interested in such things, or appears not to be.

Also that Priceline video someone posted was fabulous.. "surfing is my life now".

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HwTJH-RI18[/yt]

(We don't see these ads here so apologies if you've all seen them a million times.)

This man has such charisma!

15. Mr_Homn

Yes, exactly. Everyone in the theater would laugh. Shatner would once again show he can laugh at himself, get lots of press, and make a quick buck. Everybody wins. :bolian:

It might be our only chance to see shatner without his fake hair, too!

16. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

And for THAT reason he probably wouldn't do a Bolian.

But you should write him a letter. Suggest it.

17. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Let a new actor have his chance. There can be Trek without Shatner.

18. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Where have you been the last years?

19. NrobbieC

Shatner makes Trek so much worse, save for Generations because he gets killed twice :D

20. izarian

izarian Ensign Red Shirt

He's too fat!:drool: