Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. AdmiralScreed

AdmiralScreed Captain Captain

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My Voyager DVDs are Asian knockoffs I bought in China, "The Chosen Set". They did me well for the first few runthroughs and they're good quality but now some episodes just won't play, pity!

3. AdmiralScreed

Bride of Chaotica: Fun at first, but the whole "cheesy sci fi" element got old kind of fast. It had its funny moments to be sure, but after awhile I just wanted it to end. Not really my kind of Star Trek episode, but I guess it was okay for what it was trying to be.
    4/10

Gravity: Tuvok episodes are almost always good, and this episode is no exception. It was interesting to learn more about Tuvok's past. He wasn't always such a stoic Vulcan. The scenes between Noss and Tuvok were very moving, and this episode as a whole was a nice reminder that beneath his cold exterior Tuvok has a good heart.
    It helps that Tuvok is among my two favorite characters on Voyager. :)
    7/10

4. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Bride of Chaotica is another one of those highly-rated fan episodes. I particularly liked the Doctor as the President of Earth, and the concept of the holographic aliens.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

"More spider?"

6. AdmiralScreed

Oh yuck. I don't think I could have survived on that planet for two months. :barf:

7. AdmiralScreed

I can see why a lot of people would like it. It's funny, entertaining, and nice deviation from normal Trek, if that appeals to you. I'd like to give it a higher score than 4/10, but it's just not my cup of tea.

8. teacake

There are some great reasons to love Bride of Chaotica.. so camp and so ravishing all at the same time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. You_Will_Fail

I feel that "Bride of Chaotica" is overrated while "Gravity" is underrated.
    BOC doesn't even touch "Our Man Bashir" in my opinion, its entertaining and pretty fun but its not great. Gravity is an understated story and the concept of a woman falling in love with Tuvok when he can't return those feelings is a great idea and it was well executed imo.

10. teacake

I never knew anyone was underrating Gravity. Who are these raters?

Gravity is a great episode. Poignant, interesting, good sci fi.

11. DonIago

DonIago Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't recall a minute of it myself.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't stand Gravity mainly I think because I can't stand Lori Petty. Something about her bugs the hell out of me.

13. teacake

So I guess you don't want these then:

http://shatner-store.stores.yahoo.net/vopawobylope.html

I liked her a lot, she manages to convey a different-ness in her role as an alien who didn't have forehead bumps and looked pretty much like humans. I appreciate it when that happens, too often aliens look like any modern day person and don't have any kind of different vibe.

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Yes ma'am, his army of evil."

Such a ham. :)

15. AdmiralScreed

Yeah, I definitely liked DS9's holodeck episodes more than I've liked Voyager's so far (or did they call them holosuites on DS9?). My favorite was probably Badda Bing, Badda Bang. Our Man Bashir was really good too.

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    [​IMG]

How can you not love Chaotica? Pure cheese.

The DS9 holo episodes aren't terrible but I think all the Trek holo shows are a bit meh.

17. AdmiralScreed

That's exactly why I don't like him. Sure, he's kind of funny at first, but after listening to him rant and rave for 5 minutes I just want him to shut up. :klingon:

18. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

An EXCELLENT view of the crystal spiderpin on the right side of her hairdo! :bolian:

I loved Bride of Chaotica, everything about it including the Doctor claiming his performance as the President of Earth was "Unimpeachable". (This during Clinton's impreachment hearings.)

But what I loved most of all, was watching Janeway's face as she walked down that hallway, reading the parameters of her costume while Paris was telling her to "unleash her pheremones."

"I BEG your pardon!"

:guffaw:

19. You_Will_Fail

I just rewatched "Counterpoint" and remembered they had a Betazoid on board called Ensign Jarot who basically would have been invaluable to Voyager's mission. Another example of a Voyager writer throwing in a random line or character and having it make the show make less sense. Also they never mentioned Lt. Stadi as a telepath on board, not to mention the random Vulcans who appear later on. Ah continuity, it really isn't that hard to maintain Voyager writers!

20. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Lt Stadie was killed during the pilot, she "was" the pilot. Tom got her job.