Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

What's changing about Emergency Power to Shields?

2. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    All the emergency power to XXX abilities now have a duration of 20 seconds, leaving a gap that means you will no longer be able to run them constantly.

I like this idea in principle, because being able to run "emergency" power non-stop seems a little wonky. But it does seem to be true that it hurts engineering heavy ships more than anything else.

3. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually cruisers relying on tanking is a problem in PVE as most endgame content is big on DPS to get it done before time runs out.

4. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think a 10 second gap is making much of a difference. The only time that would matter is when you get focus fired on for more than a Minute.
    I rarely find myself chaining them non stop anyway. And the singularity heal Power will make up for it on Rom ships.

5. Ruaidhri

Well, I am similar in that I don't chain them either, so it probably won't affect my play style. I don't think I've ever had more than one copy of the same emergency power skill in my power tray. It also seems to be more of an issue for pvp where the opponents are live humans. I haven't pvp'd in forever, though I can see my self doing some if they do a pvp reputation.

I do think that these changes may help cruiser dps, though, because of the improvement to emergency power to weapons.

6. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finished the Crystalline Entity thingy today. Nice to see that 50,000 dilithium in my account. :D

7. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

the dilithium ore that you get from the satellite repair mission how do you use it?

8. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

This is so maddening! Whenever I play the Crystalline Entity event it crashes at random times and this is the only time it happens. Sometimes it crashes right away other and most infuriating it waits till the entity is at two percent and crashes!!! I even set the visual setting to it's absolutely lowest setting to the point where I can barely see anything and still. My pc is adequate and never crashes except on this mission... I'm so frustrated! :scream:

9. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Try force verifyng files from the launch Client. Sounds like One of the Files associated with the CE dying on your PC is corrupted.

10. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Thanks, tried that didn't work. I ended up pulling out my slightly older pc and got it to work... odd but whatever. Since it seems I can only play the event once a day and get a shard I'll never make it unless they extend it.

Now I can only laugh, I haven't played the Romulan beta in a week and decided to dive in again... apparently a week was toooo long! It need to do an update patch of over 3 gigs and it's taken all after noon to get to 50%... At some point all I can do is laugh as Murphy's law asserts itself! :lol:

:shifty:

11. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

^Actually, that's because they updated every texture in the game at once. Everyone got a 3gig patch. Not nice if you're on a restricted monthly traffic bandwidth with your ISP (which most UK customers are).

12. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ouch, Murphy's law indeed. The UK has gotta make some adjustments. Just because you are on small island (not that small) doesn't mean you should be getting screwed on bandwidth. That download did take forever and I have Kryptonian (IE super good) bandwidth.

BTW... I see on the Romulan beta test server that I have a balance of 4000 zen! Does everyone get this. I guess it won't matter since it won't carry over... I just thought it was odd. Anyone know the reason?

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  13. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I would assume that balance would be for use in testing out the Romulan ships that are only available via purchase.

14. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ah thanks, makes sense. It just shocked me.

15. Ruaidhri

I've had 5500 zen on Tribble since the testing on season 7. I will certainly be using it to test some Rommie ships when they open up the Tribble C store.

16. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Did I miss something? When does all that Romulan stuff go online to play?

17. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

May 21st! :D

Baby steps to the 21st... baby steps to the 21st!

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  18. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

I thought 21st or did they change it? 19th is the new film isn't it?

19. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

D'oh! Your right, it comes out the 21'st. Sorry.

20. Ruaidhri

The more I have tested Legacy of Romulus on Tribble, the more impressed I am with the quality of writing and direction in the expansion. Some of these Romulan episodes are incredible. The story is pretty gripping, and many of the new environments they've crafted are beautiful. Hakeev's ship, the New Romulus command center, the animated singularity core. All very lovely.

I am surprised at how many typos, spelling errors and incorrect word choices there are, though. An astounding amount. No wonder there are so many errors still on Holodeck, years after stuff has been released, if this is the level of care they've taken in the text in the past.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.