Superman Classic

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I like these shorts a lot, and would be interested in seeing something a bit more substantial by this guy, with proper backing from WB.

The best thing about these shorts is that they make Superman fun. So many comic characters have a stick up their ass these days. I like that stuff, but It's nice to see something that's just fun and heroic. It's why I liked Brave and the Bold so much.

I also really like the classic look. I really wish someone did a period superman adaptation. If I was doing the next live action film, I would be studying the Fleischer stuff very closely. That style and pace of action could be achieved now on film. I'd even go with depowered golden age supes, but there's no way in hell that would be greenlit. :)

2. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've noticed that a lot of fan films, including this one and "Batman-Dead End" are done as either a teaser or a faux movie trailer. I can think of various reasons, the main one being that the creators might not want to do the beginning, middle and end of a story that they can't "publish" due to copyright concerns, etc.