Who do you want to play the 13th Doctor?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Newspaper Taxi, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Now that we know the identity of the soon-to-be 12th Doctor it's time to speculate on the actor to play the 13th! Ready?...Go!

2. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Go away! Go away before we all die laughing!!!
    Thing is, we will be starting to wonder about this by Boxing Day...
    Poor Star Trek fans. Only ever had five captains. They miss out on all this...*

*Well, six. Or seven counting the two Kirks. Or a lot more counting the books. Or...

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Patrick Stewart?

4. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I think if we got Sir Patrick Stewart on Doctor Who, he'd be better off as a re-occurring character. Maybe as an uber-villian, like Omega, Rassilon, or the Master.

I'm hoping for a female 13th Doctor. It could be a symptom of him running out of regen-ergy.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they go beyond 13, I have an idea. How about Sir Ian McKellen? He could do this: Regenerate back into the First Doctor and thus his entire existence is an endless loop. :D

6. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Alexander Siddig. Cate Blanchett (it would never happen though). Alan Tudyk.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I know she's not a Brit, but I think Vera Farmiga has the right presence for the Doctor and she's a phenomenal actress.

8. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Oh, let's not start this already!
    :)

9. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

In the middle of the next season, Peter Capaldi regenerates into... Peter Capaldi.

10. Captain Crow

Captain Crow Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With Hurt being an unseen Doctor between McGann and Eccleston Capaldi is 13.

11. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Capaldi is 12. The only ones calling him 13 are a few fans. Hurt's Doctor will likely wind up being a Doctor that never was.

As far as who should play the 13th Doctor, it is simply way, way too early.

12. Captain Crow

Sorry. I forgot counting Hurt wasn't allowed.

I mean, GOD FORBID we get an interesting plot twist that reveals Eccleston, Saint Tennant, and Smith are actually Doctors 10, 11, and 12. :eek: Gotta have the bog standard Moffat era paradox BS to make Hurt not count so Gallifrey Base type fans don't throw a hissy about NuWho Doctors being renumbered.:techman:

13. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

How can you break the meaning of established names and events like The Eleventh Hour and The Fall of the Eleventh? We can't allow that to happen. If the reset button is not pressed on Hurt, I am not watching Doctor Who ever again.

Until the Christmas Special airs that is.

14. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's marketing. The Tenth Doctor is the Tenth Doctor and the Ninth Doctor is the Ninth Doctor. It's as likely as Jim Kirk changing his name to Tits McGee.

15. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Only, don't mention the Cartmel Masterplan or the resident guardians of the unknown unknowns will jump on you like a pack of rabid dingoes.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

And Eleven-ant doesn't work as a nickname.

17. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmm, Doctor 13 hey?

Well I still HATE the idea of a female doctor EVER.

Would pretty much be my choices for the twelfth doctor;

• Idris Elba: A great choice, could play the doctor very well, rather like Eccleston did. Plus a first black doctor, I quite like that idea. And you know, it's Idris Elba.......he's cool!
    • Damien Molony: Another great actor, and is an unknown, so perfect! Young, very gentleman like. Would be a nice contrast to the Capaldi Doctor (and even a bit of a contrast to Smith). He'd be a polite gentleman doctor like Paul McGann was. Watch the last two series of Being Human, and you'll know why I want him as the next doctor!
    • Jason Fleyming: From Primeval Series 3. He reminds me of Tom Baker, David tenant, and a tiny bit of Christopher Eccleston the most, maybe a bit of Patrick Troughton too. So he'd be the jokey humorous kind of Doctor.
    • Garry Oldman: My family actually thought of the idea the night Capaldi was named twelfth doctor. He's obviously too famous for the role and probably wouldn't really consider it, but it'd be nice if he did. He'd play a dark and weird doctor. I just like the idea!
    • Joseph Morgan: I think he'd play a youthful cool doctor. Would really be his own doctor, unlike Tennant and Smith whom although I like them both, I feel based themselves particularly on a past doctor (Tennant on T. Baker, and Smith on Troughton).
    • Maybe Den Daniels?: You know, the first guy people thought would be the twelfth doctor. I've not seen him in anything nor know much about him, but I think he has the look of the doctor. (which is why I only put a maybe)

18. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

The thing is, Capaldi is being heavily promoted by the BBC as the TWELFTH Doctor, not the Thirteenth. Moffat may run Doctor Who, but he does not own it.
    So what will you do when it still ends up being Eccleston=9, Tennant=10, Smith=11, and Capaldi=12?
    :vulcan:

19. Captain Crow

You didn't pay attention to the end of "The Name of the Doctor" did you?

He quite clearly stats Hurt IS him but doesn't acknowledge him as "Doctor" due to what he did. Moffat has more or less made a way for them to still be called Doctors 9, 10, 11, and 12 even thought they're lives 10, 11, 12, and 13.

20. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hurt's 'Doctor' may not officially carry that moniker, but if he came about from a regeneration, then surely that would still count toward The Doctor's limit. If it did count, then that would make Cabaldi the 13th incarnation. That being said, I'm still rooting for Peter Dinklage :).