THOR And PIRATES 4 Take Advantage Of SPIDER-MAN 4 delay

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, that too (love Discworld very dearly), but is that going anywhere? Either one would be something I'd very much want to see, really.

Anyway, either of those are probably more interesting projects I'd argue than returning to the webslinger well a fourth time - but hey, Peter Parker has been a tidy investment before and they'll probably milk this sucker dry.

2. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Sam Raimi knows that Spider-Man 3 wasn't received well. He has pretty much admitted that in interviews. I think he wants to leave with a bang, which is why he returned to do Spider-Man 4 in the first place. To think it has anything to do with "returning to the well" or money is absurd.

3. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

By 'they' I meant Sony, sorry for not making that clearer.

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I don't care about any of these movies...unless Spider-Man 4 has Mysterio...then forget it.

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Probably not that much- they bought the rights because of sufficient similarities between the script they'd come up with and the book, so now they'll be just picking such bits and pieces as they fancy - which they don't even have to do, but apparently the scripters are enjoying it and finding bits they want to use...

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

7. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, he optioned the film rights to a number of pulp heroes, including the Shadow, Doc Savage, and the Avenger. He was considering whether to make individual films for each character or to have them all appear in one film together. I haven't heard anything about his involvement in developing these films for a while, though. Doc Savage is currently being developed at Sony with Neil Moritz producing and Shane Black working on the script. I don't know if Raimi's still involved or not.

While I heartily enjoyed the first two Raimi/Maguire Spider-Man films, at this stage I'd like to see the film series turned over to a new director and new lead, with Raimi turning his attention to films like Warcraft and The Shadow instead.

8. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

Thor scares me. I don't want it to fuck up the tone Iron Man has laid out. I just can't see Thor and the tone Iron Man has working together for The Avengers. I fear it has "Batman & Robin" written all over it.