Is the Playstation 4 About to be announced??

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by AlphaMan, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & BEYOND! Moderator

AlphaMan please don't plagiarize full articles from news sites. As a general rule we don't want to post entire articles. Your comments, a link for others to click, and brief snippet on what it's about will work. Thanks.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

You turn. You pew-pew.

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^^ I think I still have some blisters from using that thing.

4. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

It's not a screen it's a touch sensitive pad, like the back of a PS Vita. I don't know about the triggers, I can't tell from the picture.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

What's the point of the touch sensitive pad?

6. Bob The Skutter

To copy Nintendo without quite copying them?

7. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Basic gesture controls I would assume. Turn the page, zoom in, adjust volume, etc. Supposedly there is a vita-like pad on the back for more complex touch controls.

8. Magellan

Magellan Commander Red Shirt

Except the saturn 6 button with shoulder buttons or even the saturn 3d pad. Seriously why is six face buttons so hard? Thatswhat the PS4 needs. Although dont know hwat they'd call them. The octagon and tetrahedron maybe.

9. Mr. Adventure

^^ Six buttons would just mean QTE's would suck even more.

It's probably not a touchpad, it's a thumbprint reader to prove you own the game. :)

10. Bob The Skutter

You can use 4 face buttons with 1 thumb, 6 aren't as accessible, you have to move your hands from the position where you can press the shoulder buttons and triggers to press the front buttons.

11. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

That thing was nearly indestructible back in the day.. and thats with games like Decathlon and the Summer Games series requiring you to rapidly hit the stick left/right to get some speed or do other stuff in sports games :lol:

Where you got cramps in your right hand from something else than self-love ;)

As to the PS4-controller.. looks like crap but then again it's a prototype, things can change. It wouldn't look good to have a sleek design for the PS4 only to have something that looks like it's from the 1st console generation with bits tacked on.

12. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

I used most of the ones in this "review":

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQajuuX6mM[/yt]

13. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I prefer the 360 controller over the PS3 controller and the PS3 is my console of choice. This looks like a 360/PS3 hybrid.

I'm very intrigued by this. From what I understand, the touchpad will replace the Start/Select buttons and will allow for gestures during gameplay.

Sorry about the cut and paste job.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Thats even worse, I hate the one on the Vita.

15. Mr. Adventure

I guess I'd have to use it first but it seems overengineered. Can you even do more than a swipe on that thing? It doesn't look wide enough for anything else and seems like it would be awkward to use while otherwise using the controller.

16. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will this be the first controller since the NES not to have a start or select button?

17. Mr. Adventure

Those alien and terminator joysticks are both incredibly stupid and awesome at the same time.

Anyone remember those early square analog joysicks with the two square buttons? The ones that looked like they were more designed to tune scientific instruments than play games? Those were the days...

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

That was excellent. Never seen that guy before. He's like a nerdy Clarkson who looks like Simon Pegg.

I had to subscribe! :techman:

19. AlphaMan

A little bit of news... Sony just dropped the PS Vita's price in Japan to ¥20,000 or $215. Hopefully, this will come to North America in the form of a $199 Vita.

20. AlphaMan

I've been thinking about this comment and I have to strongly disagree. I think Sony blundered out of the gate with the PS3 with pricing, but since then, the PS3 has outsold the 360. This is evidenced in the almost equal marketshare and the 1 year headstart MSFT had.

Considering the free PSN vs the $60/yr. Xbox Live, the instant game collection of Playstation Plus, the purchase of Gaikai and the 12 wholly owned game development studios, I think Sony is very well positioned for the future when the console business is said and done.

We'll see what happens in Wednesday, but I'm pretty pumped.