Halo: Foward unto Dawn

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by GalaxyX, Jan 19, 2013.

1. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I didn't see a post about it.

Has anyone seen the movie "Halo: Foward unto Dawn" recently?

I'll be honest and say that I love the Halo series, but I've only played the 1st two games (due to having an enourmously powerful PC and no X-Box :guffaw:)

But I have been waiting for a Halo movie since District 9 came out. When I heard Peter Jackson was attached to it, I almost soiled my pants.

Anyway, I caught this particular movie on iTunes, and I freakin' loved it. The first 10 mins are great. It's kind of slow for about 1hr, and the last 30 mins are all kinds of kick ass.

They did a great job making it, and I hope this means that a high budget Halo movie will be a reality soon :drool:

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I didn't find it very interesting aside from the 10 minutes or so of live action Master Chief in combat. That part was good. But I've always found the Halo story most interesting when it stars M.C. and Cortana, not anyone else.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched it as it was released as a webseries, and I really enjoyed it. I've only played the first two Halos so I can't judge how it ties into the wide Halo-verse.

4. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Yeah I was surprised there were no threads on this, I was shocked that it was actually good, its very highly rated on imdb and other places. I watched it originally as a web series, since that's where all the good stuff seems to be these days.

The bluray has 15 min of extra footage.

RAMA

5. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of the cadets is a major character in Halo 4, but it doesn't really tie into any of the earlier material.