Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SPCTRE, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Jeez :eek: You think that's a shared account?

2. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

^Check out his fileshare, I think he might just be that good.

...and have that much free time. Which is ridiculous.

3. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

Also if you check out his matchmaking history, for 99% of the games he's either 1st or 2nd.

Indeed.

I also noticed that in Campaign he has over 600 Killionaires, and his top weapon is the Target Locator. Someone's been farming in ONI. :lol:

ETA: Reminder: the Noble Map Pack comes out tomorrow!

4. Chris3123

A bunch of new stuff arrived on the 30th:

The new map pack was released, with its own playlist. In Anchor 9, you can go outside the station into a small low-grav area, which I thought was interesting.

7 new achievements. The description of each of them begins with "Noble 1:", implying that there will be more upcoming sets of achievements.

New playlist category, "Grab Bag", which is kind of like the Double EXP Weekends playlist in H3 in that it's a special game type that lasts for a limited time before being switched. The Grab Bag playlist is currently the long awaited Firefight Versus. It's where a team of four is split into two teams, and these teams take turns as Spartans and Elites. The two Spartan players have to defeat all of the Covenant on the map (species to be determined by voting), while the two Elite players have to try to stop them.

Also, the MLG playlist is going to start up on the 7th (heh), for anyone who cares about that.

So... what do you all think? Come on, let's keep this thread going!

5. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

I was amazingly disappointed by Firefight Versus. Pretty much everything I thought was wrong with it was outlined in this Bungie.net thread.

6. Chris3123

Yeah, I was rather underwhelmed myself.

7. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Well, it's an awesome concept - on paper. I'm sure it'll vastly improve as soon as it gets some balancing tweaks and refinements.

8. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

You guys thought that Field Marshall was ridiculous... check out this guy, he's already a "Hero" and is really close to the next level of "Legend"!

9. Chris3123

Yeah, I read about him on the Bungie forums. Insane.

I just checked HaloCharts.com, and they banned him from their leaderboards. They don't tell you what he specifically did, but the listed criteria for being banned includes what you'd expect, namely boosting and cheating. Yep, he apparently boosted his way there. Shocking! ETA: Look at what his top-used weapon in Campaign is. No surprise there! :lol:

Also according to HaloCharts, there are a total of 34 people with the Hero rank at the moment.

10. Chris3123

I just made General this morning.

God, I have no life. :rommie:

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

OK, I finally finished playing Reach last night! While the story was pretty non-existent compared to the trilogy the gameplay and settings were great. Technically it's definitely the best Halo game with the best level design.

Oh, and I wish you could use the jetpack the entire game!

So in the final stage "Lone Wolf", do you get something for surviving a certain amount of time? Do the enemies just get stronger and stronger until they kill you? Does a Scarab show up eventually? :lol:

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

^you don't get anything for surviving, but on Legendary there's a data pad to read

13. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I am slowly working up to the rank of Captain so I can get the dang achievement. After initially playing through the campaign on normal and heroic I got up to WO. Now, after countless hours of firefights and two more play throughs on normal I have reached WO Grade 3 and still have about three-quarters of the way to go to get Captain. Grrrrr.

14. Sephiroth

WO GR3 will be the longest stretch in a single rank you will experience

15. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I'm finally playing Reach Matchmaking now. God there are some tough muthaphuckas over there!!!
    :eek:

16. Sephiroth

Seph with active camo and the shotgun has wiped out many-a-blue team

17. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I've just upgraded to the latest map packs. Omigod, they roxx!!!1!

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'll do the same, now that I finally have decent internet access again! Hell, maybe I'll even play some competitive Halo: Reach...! :wtf::lol:

Edit: I mean, I basically have to, now that I've installed the stat tracking app on my Android phone ;)

19. Chris3123

New playlist is up called "TU Beta". It implements the title update that went out at the end of September. It's a testing ground for new features that will be implemented into the CE Anniversary playlist.

20. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I finally reached Captain Grade 1 over summer and got my achievement. Yay! I think I've played enough of the campaign to last me a lifetime, though.