Prodigal Son...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ihlecreations, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Ihlecreations

Ihlecreations Captain Captain

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last post. I feel bad, I used to post in here on a constant basis, and then for no good reason I stopped. This was my Trek art home and I was homesick, so I'M BACK!!!!!!!! Ok then well, I have some stuff to post, so without any further ado....

First off, a long time ago in a monthly contest far far away, there was the TrekFormers. I started the contest and Thomas the Cat and I threw around the idea of someday returning to it. Well I did... My original (and may I add really poorly done when I look at it now) entry looked like this.

[​IMG]

Well I did an update not to long ago and this is what I came up with...
    [​IMG]

But I wasn't done. Since I had established the Decepticons as Klingons. I figured I would try a Megatron. I am a G1 TF fan, I keep it old school. Megatron was a gun. Not a tank or a plane, a gun. So my Megatron, is a Klingon Disruptor....
    [​IMG]

I am sure this next image will look familiar to those who remember me, I did this back in 1999. I don't remember the circumstances but never the less I did them.

[​IMG]

Well I was bored one night and figured I would would update these a bit and tighten up the designs. And here they are.
    The Tiberon Class...
    [​IMG]

And the Talon Class...

[​IMG]

2. Albertese

Albertese Commodore Commodore

Welcome back! I'm pleased to see your return... I always enjoyed your posts!

I recall your Trek-Formers contest, I had fun with that one... my entry was an Autobot whose alt-form was an old Constitution-class starship.

I love your revamping of the BoP Starscream. I love the idea behind your Megatron, but I think he may be too stiff as drawn. He reminds me more of the (frankly terrible) original Megatron toy which was a beautifully convincing gun, but a pretty awkward looking robot. I do like his forehead details though...

Your freshened up starship designs are excellent. I'm equally reminded of Eaves' and Drexler's work when I look at them.. maybe even some of Sternbach's style from later in Voyager. I almost want to suggest you try to clean up your line-work, but I kinda like the wobbly-ness of it... gives the drawing a sketchier, more energetic feel.

I love it!

--Alex

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome back and awesome artwork Thanks for sharing :D

4. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very nice work! I do remember you also posted these on dA, but nice to see them here too. Welcome back!

5. Ihlecreations

Ihlecreations Captain Captain

Thanks for the welcome back! And to be compared to Eaves and Drexler and Sternbach is a bit much but thank you! Oh yes my line work, I have always had a looser pen technique, it is why I am not a draftsman, I like the freedom to be sketchy.

6. Rattrap

Rattrap Commander Red Shirt

That update on Starscream is great. I agree the Megatron is a little stiff, and the perspective is off in a spot or two (the "belt buckle" is what jumped out at me) but the concept is good, and I'd love to see him in an action shot.

Now, where's our Defiant-Ironhide and Delta Flyer-Jazz?

7. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I seem to remember D-7 and reliant type trekformer style toys from Japan.

8. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope your absence wasn't because of me and that Ent-G business!

I find the idea of Transformers in the Trek universe very exciting, and I'd imagine that imagining how the Bird of Prey would transform into Starscream must of been difficult, but I'm left satisfied with the rendition.

I personally think that Starscream would be a Romulan Bird of Prey, seeing as how he is usually one of the more aesthetically pleasing designs that he can find, but that is just my opinion.

And I do agree with Albertese that your sketches do have a resemblance to something Eaves or Drexler would do.

9. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The Maquis ships lend themselves to being Starscream and friends,

10. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Very cool stuff. :)