Episodes you'd like to have seen

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The_Baron, Jul 2, 2010.

1. The_Baron

The_Baron Captain Captain

In any series, are there any stories you would have liked to be told?

I've sometimes thought that a Voyager episode that would be interesting, (possibly a two parter) would be this:

Voyager discovers a stable, useable wormhole but scans indicate that it doesn't lead to the Alpha or Beta Quadrants, but to the Gamma quadrant.

Voyager, having left Earth after the discovery of the Bajoran wormhole realise that they could cut their journey short by travelling through this new wormhole, and then onto the Bajoran wormhole, the new wormhole however lands right in the middle of / the far side of Dominion space.

Voyager have never heard of the Dominion, so try to negotiate passage through, but this leads to hostilities as the war is raging at the other end of Dominion space...Janeway has to then decide whether to battle across Dominion space a'la Krenim space (never necessarilly ever learning about the actual full-on war), or turning back through to the Delta Quadrant and closing the wormhole behind them, stopping the Dominion from invading the Delta Quadrant too.

2. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I thought another appearance by McCoy on TNG would have been cool.

3. Luther Sloan

Luther Sloan Captain Captain

I would have liked to have seen a three part prequel episode (involving Lily, Cochrane, and Captain Praxton (actor Bruce McGill)). I would have liked for it to show us that Enterprise is an altered First Contact time line. I would want it to reveal to the audience that the time line had been advanced technologically. I would even want the Romulans from the future to be involved within the story line, as well.

Now, that would have made Enterprise a little cooler in my opinion. Now, it is just left unsaid.

I also would have liked to have seen Harry and Tom expand Voyager's shuttle bay and have them both take command of an entire fleet of Delta Flyer type ships for future alien attacks, too.

4. SchwEnt

SchwEnt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

a VOY eps I'd like to have seen...
    some alternate universe/timeline/mumbo jumbo where different people lived/died in the pilot.

The Voyager's first officer, CMO, Chief Engineer, and yes...Stadi... lived,
    and instead maybe Janeway, Tuvok, Torres, Paris died.

Just some different outcome, see how it could have played out if different people survived or died. Like a "Year of Hell" different reality eps, I suppose.

...and I don't even like VOY.

5. 22 Stars

22 Stars Commodore Commodore

I would have liked McCoy to finally get his Joanna episode in the fourth season of TOS. A visit to the Klingon Homeworld with Kirk would have been fun, I guess the Phase II ep coming will have to do. There are also a few early novels, like Spock Must Die which would have been great to see shot.

A TNG Mirror Universe story would have been fun I think, even in one of their movies. I wrote a script and submitted it to TNG towards the end of their run where the characters switched bodies, giving the actors a turn to play a diff TNG role, which was well received by friends.

I had an idea for a DS9 episode, that involved an old TOS ship lost in the Gamma Quadrant (as Voy was in the Delta) becoming a generational ship and finally making its way home through the wormhole. The captain of the TOS era ship was a decendant of Pike's Number One and they ultimately sacrifice themselves to save DS9 after their 100 year journey. Very poingiant.

6. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I really like this. :bolian:

7. shadowedgalaxy

shadowedgalaxy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wasn't there a comic book arc about this?

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, they have. The Dominion were discovered six months prior to Voyager being stranded in the Delta Quadrant. In fact, in a season 2 episode we see a battle simulation against a Jem'Hadar attack cruiser on the holodeck, and several holographic Jem'Hadar are seen among the holograms rebelling against the Hirogen in season 7.

For some reason Chakotay and the Doctor seemed unaware of the Dominion in season 4. With Chakotay we can assume that knowledge of the Dominion hadn't yet reached the Maquis. As for the Doctor, I don't know. Maybe six months was still too recent to add knowledge into the EMH programming?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2010
  9. Lord Garth

Lord Garth Guest

^ It's possible there were no medical records on anyone in the Dominion. "The Abandoned" has no stardate but is the sixth episode of DS9's third season. Since VOY was to have a 20 episode first season (before UPN held back four episodes), their first episode would've lined up with DS9's seventh. Without stardates, and considering "The Search" picked up several weeks later than "The Jem'Hadar", it's possible for "The Abandoned" to take place after "Caretaker".

The Doctor wouldn't have access to any information that wasn't already in his database when he was transmitted to the Alpha Quadrant in "Message in a Bottle".

10. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Commander Red Shirt

I would have liked to see Romulans and Klingons in the same TOS episode, with a Federation triangle storyline.

And off course, a TOS return to Earth (preferably at the end of the five year mission).

11. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

I would have liked to see an episode of TNG where Wesley died.

12. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

a Mirror TNG story

(the MU was going to be in Parallels, but they dumped it)

a TOS story using more of the Tellarites and the Andorians.

a prominent live-action Caitian in TNG or DS9 even for one episode.

the beginnings of the Romulan War earlier in ENT.

13. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

It is likely Janeway was aware of the Dominion. The events of DS9's The Jem Hadar occured on Stardate 47987.5 (2370). http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_Jem'Hadar_(episode)

Voyager was lost around Stardates 48307.5 - 48315.6. http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Caretaker_(episode). The third digit suggest it was several months after DS9's Jem Hadar. Janeway would have known about it, especially given a Galaxy class starship was destroyed, kinda a biggie. Before you said it may have been kept a secret, Lwaxanna Troi seemed to be aware of these events, when she spent time with Odo a bit after that.

14. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

TOS: A story in which Uhura has to take command of the Enterprise.

TNG: A Mirror Universe episode.

DS9: Bajor officially entering the Federation and Sisko becoming an admiral.

VOY: Tuvok finally saying "screw logic" and laying a Vulcan SmackDown! on Neelix.

ENT: NX-01 getting a TOS-style makeover, but keeping the same basic shape.

15. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

There are some TAS episodes I'd like to have seen as live-action TOS. I'd also liked to have seen an Andorian centric episode. Some of the early novels could have made good episodes, particularly Spock Must Die! The story "Kitumba" originally intended for Phase II could have been an interesting TOS episode or even a good film following TMP.

Of course these and others would assume a fourth season had happened. Then again there are some third season episodes I'd sacrifice to have some of the stories I'd like to have seen.

A Mirror Universe TNG story could have been interesting, but perhaps from a different perspective then how it was done on DS9. And some of the early TNG novels could also have been good episodes and again I'd sacrifice some first and second season episodes to have them instead. It also might have been interesting to have seen something more of the Andorians in TNG particularly within the first four seasons since after that I didn't care for TNG anymore.

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was waiting for an episode of Star Trek Enterprise where they meet the "real" ECS Kobayashi Maru.

I can imagine how awesome it would have been to hear the NX-01 crew saying the lines from Wrath of Khan, and maybe even have them use the exact Captain Kojiro Vance voiceover used during Saavik's test, "This is the freighter Kobashi Maru, 19 periods out of Altair VI!", and then the Klingon cruisers attack. I have no idea how they could have ended it (presumbly with one MFing giant Deus Ex Machina), but it would have been the coolest prequel episode and best bit of reverse-continuity ever, if they did it right.

The Enterprise Kobayashi Maru novel is probably my biggest-ever Trek reading disappointment. I was not impressed :(

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really?

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

apparently.

19. Roberta Lincoln

Roberta Lincoln Commander Red Shirt

I would like to have seen All of the TAS episodes done by TOS -- of course they would have needed a bigger budget!

20. indolover

indolover Fleet Captain

Nemesis should have been a mirror universe movie. :cool: The nemesis being the evil Mirror Picard versus the good real universe Picard.

A DS9 episode showing nuances in the Ferengi would have been good. If we see that not all Klingons are honourable, then why not some Ferengi who don't believe in profit? And an episode where Sisko apologises to Picard for being hostile. Conflict is fine; it's part of life. But there is justified and unjustified conflict, and in my eyes both of them were victims at Wolf 359.

In Voyager, an episode where we see Harry Kim get promoted, and Chakotay questioning his people's faith (and where we learn what tribe he comes from :lol:)