Crossover with other franchises?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by FreddyE, Jul 4, 2012.

1. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know... whenever I have the urge to write a long detailed post explaining my actions and motivations like Timewalker's, I usually ask myself why. If I can't give a good answer to that, I don't bother.

If this is going to be a continual personal back and forth, maybe you two could kindly take it to PM's?

2. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

If that was to me, then I've said all I wanted to say on the topic in my post above. I just felt that his behavior was inappropriate, and now that I've said so, I'm done.

3. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was referring to the back and forth spat between Timewalker and Christopher... just didn't want to quote another two page block of text. :p

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, my apologize then.

5. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Oh, dear. Let's "re-rail" this train. What does anybody think of Farscape/Lost in Space with the Jupiter 2 being a rival to the Farscape project? BSG/Star Wars? Homeboys in Outer Space/2001: A Space Odyssey? Can we please just have fun again?

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

There is no back and forth. I've made it quite clear I have nothing to say on the subject of Dune, I've tried to put an end to it and move on, and frankly I'm not even reading most of what Timewalker has been posting. I just want it to stop.

7. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    Well, excuuuuuuuuse me! :rolleyes: Feel free to ignore my posts if they bore you - like I prefer to ignore certain people around here.

I use Dune as the example I'm most familiar with regarding the issue of authors writing in somebody else's original universe without respecting the established internal consistency of that original universe. Other people may use other examples.

If you are referring to my behavior as "inappropriate," I would remind you that it's also inappropriate to refer to a female poster as male.

Anyway, I've just discovered how to use the "Ignore List" - so now I'm much calmer.

And I did take it back on track anyway - I love the idea of a Toy Story/ST crossover using the Star Trek "Mr. Potato Head" characters! I wonder who's more macho - Potato-Kirk or Buzz Lightyear?

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sorry, I didn't realize you were female.

9. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    One of the little icons you have under your "location" is the blue symbol for "male", and so I will make sure to always refer to you as "he".

I have a little pink icon under my "location" - the symbol for "female". I get the impression that not very many people on this forum ever notice these icons.

Apology accepted.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I know about that, I just always forget to check it.:brickwall:

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'd have loved a Trek:Hellraiser.

"We are The Cenobites. Resistance is futile. We have such sights to show you"

Would have given the Borg a run for their money.:evil:

12. dstyer

dstyer Commander Red Shirt

Anybody interested in a Star Trek: TNG / Survivor crossover? What would Worf do to become the Sole Survivor? Or perhaps Star Trek: Voyager / Amazing Race? Can Tom and B'Elanna handle the stress of the Race and each other? Maybe Data and the Doctor could try out for the X-Factor? What about Bashir showing off on America's Got Talent?

13. Christopher

TNG and Survivor would never work, since the latter is about pitting people against each other and encouraging their most venal, selfish natures, but Starfleet officers would understand that the real key to survival is cooperation.

As for Voyager/The Amazing Race, didn't they already do that in "Drive?"

14. dstyer

dstyer Commander Red Shirt

Perhaps my greatest desire would be to see some kind of Star Trek / Aliens crossover. I'm not certain of the generation, but it would be interesting to see how the Federation would respond to the Alien species.

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Yep, Picard wouldn't be talking them into a settlement!

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I've never thought about that, but I do have a TNG/Predator outline in my files.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Taran'atar did fight an alien that appears to be a Xenomorph in one of the DS9R books, I can't remember for sure which. That would indicate that something similar to them does exist in the Trekverse.

18. Christopher

Not really, since he fought it in a holosuite program. The xenomorph simulation could've simply been a holographic adaptation of a classic 20th-century monster movie, in the same way that Data had a Sherlock Holmes program and Tom Paris had Captain Proton.

19. Hando

Hando Commander Red Shirt

Well there are already 2 hunter species in Star Trek (1 in DS9 and the Hirogen) and the Klingons like to hunt too. So I don't think that a ST/Predator crossover would be that unique.

Thinking about crossovers, what about Earth Final Conflict/Andromeda.

20. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Hm, the Hirogen *are* the Predators to a degree that I fear would make an actual Predator appearance kind of superfluous...