Porthos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Charles Tucker, Apr 22, 2010.

1. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Me too :biggrin:

TATV would have had quite a different outcome, I think.

2. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Unless it's a K-9 squad as in a squad of replicas of K-9, in which case they'd run down their battery power after a few laser blasts. But it would give us that rumored Doctor Who/Enterprise crossover for a few seconds.

3. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Off topic, but I remember a Star Trek/Doctor Who crossover comic.

Near the end, Beta (Data) threw some sort of grenade at the enemy, K9 went to go fetch it, Beta went after him, and they ended up with a hybrid "Beta 9" after they put their parts back together.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: So what are you reading now? (Part 3)

There was also a book called "The Doctor and the Enterprise", a fanfic illegally published without the permission of the author, Jean Airey. It's a TOS/Tom Baker Doctor/Darkover crossover.
    I grabbed the fanfic online, grabbed a scan of the cover (which tries to make the story look like a parody -it isn't) of the published version, rammed the lot though Calibre and read it on my e-book reader.

Much fun.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  6. Captain Rob

Reed: "Captain! We have intruders on deck 5!"
    Archer: "Red Alert! Seal off deck 5!"
    Archer: "Malcolm. Release the hounds."
    Reed: "With pleasure sir!"
    Intercom: Sounds of screams from deck 5.

7. Luther Sloan

Luther Sloan Captain Captain

8. Captain Rob

You know. This almost sounds like a mirror-universe sort of thing. Instead of relatively humane phasers and other weapons, the security force is comprised of various squads or packs of vicous animals that tear apart the intruders. Very messy. Maybe they could flood a section and send in meat-eating sharks or piranha fish. And switch the gravity off. How about a security protocol where the gravity is rapidly switched from zero gravity to ten times gravity. That would look funny as hell.

9. Luther Sloan

Yeah, I always wondered about the Grav plating scene with the Gorn (i.e. In A Mirror, Darky). I mean, why didn't we see any other Captains try to subdue hostile intruders by increasing the gravity ten fold?

10. Captain59

Captain59 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Connecticut - Home of the Hartford Whalers
    Robert Orci was asked if the Admiral Archer mentioned was the same person as Captain Jonathan Archer in ENT, and if the prized beagle mentioned in the movie was actually the same beagle from the series. He confirmed both: Admiral Archer mentioned in the movie is meant to be Jonathan Archer, and that technology had made it possible to extend the lives of dogs, and the prized beagle mentioned was meant to be the same dog as in the series. He's said this more than once.

Incidently, in TATV, Porthos didn't look like he aged a day compared to when he was seen last seven years prior and was moving around well, so that could be a little bit of support to what Orci said.

11. Captain Rob

I guess that Porthos is actually an alien, sort of like that pug from "Men in Black 2".

12. Luther Sloan

My vote is that the lizard transfusion has prolonged his life in some way. Either that or Doctor Phlox keeps saving his dog for many years (like it was done in a "Night in Sickbay").

13. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always thought he meant Admiral Archer's current prize Beagel, meaning maybe he got another dog after Portho's passing.