SCRE4M (Film 2011) Discussion/Grade *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Apr 8, 2011.

?

Grade SCRE4M(Scream 4)!

Poll closed Oct 5, 2011.
  1. A-Excellent!

26.3%
  2. B-Good

36.8%
  3. C-Average

26.3%
  4. D-Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F-Horrible!

10.5%
  1. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I've just decided I'm going to the midnight showing tonight. Knowing me, if I don't my curiosity will eventual get me spoiled, and this is one of the few movies I want to know nothing about going into.

As it stands right now I don't even know the main plot outside of the fact that Sidny is in town promoting her book. Oh and Gale and Dewey are in it too ;)

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ No one really knows the plot of the film except that Ghostface is back.

3. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It think this is a begining of a hole new trilogy .

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Midnight screenings aren't an option here. I'll try to see it this weekend.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I watched Scream 3 again just to familiarize myself with that film. First time I've seen it since opening night eleven long years ago.

It has all the trappings of a Scream film, Wes' direction is excellent, the film is paced well, and the music is well done. But it just doesn't work for me, none of the characters, apart from the ones returning from Scream 2, do anything at all for me. None of them are developed at all, no personality, they are just there to be killed off. The first two films may have been the same way, but at least you didn't feel like you were meeting a character just so they could die by the requirements of the plot.

6. Admiral_Young

^ Yep one of the problems with me is that you as an audience don't become attached to any of the new characters. That wasn't the case with the second film (and not just because of the actors who played them). I blame Ehren Kruger. I'm not a big fan of his.

I think I'm going to have a "Scream" marathon before I go see it Sunday evening.

@Timothy, yes as we've already discussed over the last couple pages of this thread, this is meant to be the starting point of a new trilogy.

7. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Not only that, if you hadn't had two previous films to get to know Gail, Sidney, and Dewey I wouldn't have cared for them much either. As this film doesn't do much for them.

It's fun to see all three characters again, but Sidney is virtually absent from the first half of the film, and what the hell is up with Courtney Cox's awful hairdo!

8. timothy

except for the first movie her hair style has been aweful. I am also going to do a rewatch of the trilogy and then see it monday .

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

That was due to Neve Campbell's contract, which stipulated that she could only be on the set for 20 days. She really wasn't terribly interested in making the movie. (Neither was Wes Craven, for that matter; the Weinsteins were holding him hostage over Music of the Heart -- they only agreed to finance it if he consented to Scream 3.)

10. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I knew about the reason Campbell wasn't in the film but I didn't realize Wes didn't really want to do it. Explains why he considers it the worst of the first three.

11. Admiral_Young

I believe that there is a "Scream 3" joke in "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" that references that. I don't remember.

12. timothy

well you'll just have to rewatch it to find them like I will do .

13. Admiral_Young

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I just got back from the midnight showing. It was a rush seeing these characters again. I'll keep this short as I'm not going to post any spoilers until others see it, but it was just a really fun film.

I give it an A.

15. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Cool. :) I won't see it for a few weeks but am eager to see what others thought. :bolian:

16. Admiral_Young

Aldo would you mind PM'ing me with a short summary of the film? Yes, I'm that eager to see it and anyone who knows me knows I loves the spoilers!

17. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

I guess it's time for me to stay out of the thread. It's only a matter of time before some dipshit spoils it in here. :p

18. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Yeah, I've had to duck out of the Scream 4 thread on another forum, simply because someone was live-posting spoilers from a midnight screening. We're traveling to Bumfuck, Illinois, this weekend, so I won't be able to see it until next weekend. Embargo time for me.

19. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm kind of the mindset that I want to know what happens, but I don't. Thankfully, I've plans to go to the 8:35 show tonight, so I only have seven hours to go! Can't believe its been 15 years since the first Scream.

20. Aike

Aike Commander Red Shirt

Good movie for the fans of series. As stated above, great to see Sidney and the rest of the characters again. Still, I am not sure there will be a sequel.