Gods of Night cover?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by DarkHorizon, May 7, 2008.

1. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

After someone uploaded it to Memory Alpha, I went investigating to confirm its authenticity:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...e=UTF8&n=266239&s=books&qid=1210177593&sr=1-1

The incorrect title, and the "Cover Not Final" marking lead me to believe that the cover may not be what we will eventually see, but it is still an interesting sight. The font stylings and the series logo do match up with what was seen on the Mere Mortals cover at NYCC, though...

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I know for a fact that that's not going to be the cover. For one thing, there are no Suliban in Gods of Night... ;)

3. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

I absolutely guarantee you that is not even close to the final cover. For one thing, as already noted, the title is wrong. Second, I've met with my editors about the cover design, and it isn't even remotely like this. Not a space shot, not Enterprise-era, not anything you see here. This couldn't be more unlike the cover.

4. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't that image from one of the Ships of the Line calendars, anyway? (Not that that precludes it from becoming a cover image, as evidenced by Greater than the Sun.)

5. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

It could say "Desperate Housewives" and have a picture of Nicollette Sheridan on it. ;)

6. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Thanks for that, David. I knew it was extremely unlikely, considering the cover style we saw for Mere Mortals, but I thought I should check.