The mindmeld

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by FreddyE, Oct 15, 2009.

1. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Something just occured to me: During the mindmeld something iconic was missing...Spock didn´t say the "My mind to your mind...etc." Was this ever adressed in an interview? Or is there any precedence during TOS for Spock NOT saying it?

Thoughts?

And btw. I remember faintly that there was an alternate version to the "mind meld monologe" used at least once that had "...and now we are one" attached to the end. Can anybody confirm this?

2. Captain Pike

Captain Pike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The meld with V'ger in TMP might be seen as a precedent..

3. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Ah...You´re right there Captain Pike! Still I really missed the monologe in the new movie.

4. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

The meld with the Horta comes to mind. The attempted meld with Landru-programmed McCoy is another. Several other instances of non-verbal melds may be found in the list here.

I think one thing to consider is that, in the case of the meld seen in this movie, the other party was unconscious due to being hit with a phaser set on stun. Would there have been any point in speaking the words to a stunned Romulan who would presumably not be capable of comprehending them?

5. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

You are talking about the mindmeld in the new movie right? If you are I did remmber hearing Spock Prime saying to young Kirk: "Our minds are one and toghter" right before he mindmeld with Kirk.

6. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

Yeah....hmm..you might be right...well I´m gonna know for show when I´ll rewatch it on blueray in november :-)

7. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I seen the movie 9 times, and after awhile you tend to catch things that you don't always get the first or second time. I can't wait for for it to come out on blu ray either. I will defently buy it the day it comes out! I'm looking forward to seeing the deleted scenes that wasn't in the movie.