Deck Plans V: The Not-So-Final Go Around

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Captain Robert April, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

First, I need to deal with the latest eviction threat.

I've really gotta get a better job...

2. Captain Robert April

Okay, I think I've got a plan to keep a roof over my head. If nothing else, it'll buy me some time. Might play hell with my already horrible credit rating, but all I need is an extra day or two.

This is the sort of situation that plays hell with the creative process, y'know?

3. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

We artists work best when we're suffering :).

Probably why I've been so creatively bankrupt the last couple of decades - I'm too damn comfortable.

4. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I'd also like a peak at those. I didn't mind ENT's ship interiors too much, although they needed at least some colour, but the NX'x exterior was way of base.

5. FalTorPan

FalTorPan Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the design of the NX-01 on its own. As a precursor to the NCC-1701 and her ilk... it doesn't work well for me.

6. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

You married Christie Brinkley, too, huh? ;)

7. Forbin

8. Captain Robert April

Well, there's suffering and there's having a gun held to your head. The only creative thought I've come up with in the past 24 hours is how to get out of this mess.

9. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Funny, you don't look like Forbin :wtf:.

Lucky man! (I wish I had Sela Ward ... ;))

10. Captain Robert April

I think it might be time to update the cross-section...

11. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I respect your skill, but dayum, that Reeses is ugly AND makes me want chocolate!

12. Forbin

No, peanut butter! :lol:

Eh, waddaya want from a kitbash made of Dick Tracy's Space Coupe, the Jetson's car, and some Space Shuttle boosters? :)

13. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Get your peanut butter out of my chocolate!

14. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, I see her inner beauty. I like it! :thumbsup:

15. johnhazard

johnhazard Commander Red Shirt

Suffering is highly overrated. It does more to stifle artistic work than to inspire it.

I've also gotta say, Forbin, that U.S.S. Reese is pretty ugly, but your rendering of it is gorgeous. Great artwork.

I too would love to see any designs for the NX-01 that the production team might have come up with, though from what I've heard B&B didn't bother looking for anything new- they decided right off to re-use the Akira.

by the way, Captain Robert April...

Constitution Class question: Those windows on the bottom of the saucer- I'm looking to design a lab with an optical telescope looking down through one of those windows. Does that sound like something one might find down there? Just looking for an informed opinion.

16. Captain Robert April

A-FRACKING-MEN!! Can't really get inspired about deck layouts when you're in survival mode.

I guess, although since I've pretty much got that entire level dedicated to the ship's weapons systems and security, it wouldn't really fit with my version.

And since all you'd really need is a sensor feed, an actual optical telescope would be a waste of valuable space.

17. johnhazard

You're PROBABLY right, but I'm not sure- might'nt there be SOMETHING an optical telescope can do that sensors and scanners can't? Can we really know, considering this is make believe 23rd century technology?

Besides, the telescope-like device looking down through the window might be a dedicated scanner that the lab in question could direct at whatever they wanted to- though, looking downward out one of those windows, it would have a very limited range of movement.

18. Captain Robert April

This might fit the bill of what you're considering.

From the new CGI model of the upcoming remastered Star Trek...

[​IMG]

I'm guessing that little doohickey that many of us never knew was there until very recently is now canon, and yes, I will be including it into the plans at some point.

Looks to me like a directional sensor, for high level sensor scans. Probably only has a relatively short range (no further than. say, standard orbit over a Class M planet to just below the surface.

19. johnhazard

WHAAAT!?!?!?!?
    No, that's not what I had in mind... and I would guess that's the ship's main phaser or a photon torpedo launcher. If so, not a very elegant solution to where the heck do those weapons come out of. So wierd!

20. Forbin

According to research in other threads, that was indeed meant to be the main phaser emitter.

Effects never matched the doohickey, though.