The Island is a TARDIS

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Timelord Victorious, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Hello, everybody.
    In the current avatar contest over in the Doctor Who forum, inspired by my current avatar, we started to joke about the idea that the Island has smashing similarities to a TARDIS.

First of all, since we all discovered by now, it's not bound by time and space.
    It's geography is kind of iffy, nobody really has a definite map.

There's also a seemingly ageless man walking around on it. Is Richard a Timelord?

We've also seen that the Island has the power to resurrect dead people. Hello, Captain Jack Harness?

Which brings me to my final proof:
    The TARDIS' main console and the TARDIS' "heart" have a striking resemblance in function to the frozen donkey wheel. It's oozing with exotic power, enough too bend time and space itself.

By now I would NOT be surprised if the show ends and reveals that the whole story is an actual Doctor Who spin-off.

It would be the biggest prank in all of TV history.

I rest my case. Discuss! :shifty:;)

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

And the sound it makes when time traveling, it sounds similar to a TARDIS!

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Richard HAS to be a Timelord. No one can look that good through that many time-lines unless he's a Timelord.

The island is definitely TARDIS-like. It moves through time and space, makes a cool sound when it does so, and is clearly bigger on the inside, since, from the air, it seems hard to believe that so many groups of people--and so many buildings-- can exist on it simultaneously without someone noticing pretty darn quick.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm still going with the theory #1 that the island has some sort of intelligence, too alien for puny human minds to comprehend, and may be a living being of some sort. The Solaris theory.

And then there's the Stargate theory - #2 - that the island is just part of a network of "energy points" worldwide that allow transportation between them in space and time. I guess you could also call this the Iconian Gate theory if you're a stickler. But then there's all that Egyptian stuff.

My bet is that it's #2, but I still like #1 best. And there are some other elements to consider:

Ability to change probabilities - that fits #2.

Healing ability - seems more like something an intelligent being would do, but could possibly be a side effect of energy fields. Either #1 or #2.

Seems to select certain people to draw to the island - fits #1.

Either reanimates the dead or creates replicants/holograms of them - fits #1 better, since these seem to be the means by which the island communicates with puny humans.

He looks 40 or so because he's lived for 40 years. We just don't know which 40. ;)

5. Demonland

Demonland Commodore Commodore

I buy it!

But I'd buy anything that tries to merge my two favourite TV shows. :)

6. auntiehill

It's the magic mascara, I tell you! It can only be applied by a sonic screwdriver.

7. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

8. auntiehill

^ Nice!

9. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it goes with Thingol's avatar... ;)

10. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be the desktop version! :lol:

11. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

God, that would be awesome!