characters getting stick for not being "perfect"?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Dal Rassak, Apr 23, 2013.

1. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I never really liked Keiko much. She seemed to love her kids and Miles, but she had to sacrifice her own career to be with him. Sometimes she resented it. I don't think she regretted her choice, just the fact that circumstances forced her into that choice.

I liked Riker and never found him overbearing, but your mileage may vary. He was hardly flawless, but the flaws were mostly interesting.

I also think that Wesley gets a lot of unnecessary flak. He did save the crew and the ship on more than one occasion, although I did want to kick the writers sometimes for making the adults seem so stupid and blind just so Wes could shine (Datalore and The Game come to mind).

2. PeachyA

PeachyA Ensign Newbie

I didn't think Riker was that bad, although at times I found him to be rather...slimy. But I suppose that was intentional.

Agree on Wesley, I never understood why he gets so much hate, because except for a few episodes that seem to be written only to give Wesley a dose of self-esteem and let him be the best and brightest even though he's still just a kid and all the others have years of experience, I actually found him rather nice. Although the scenario of Dr. Crusher conveniently inactivating Data in The Game seemed a little too forced.

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I like Keiko too.

I never understand all the hate she gets.

4. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

And the angry sex was even better than that.

:)