Enterprise Lit

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by MadMax_, Feb 11, 2014.

1. MadMax_

MadMax_ Ensign Newbie

Hi Everyone,
    I'm Max, I'm a beginner to the Star Trek Universe.
    Ive watched alot of TNG, and Ent, recently and Original series yeeears ago.

I've never read a Star Trek Novel, But would like to start
    with the Prequel era,

1. The Early Years of Zephram Cochran and what exactly caused
    the world to split apart into factions ultimately culminating in WW3

2. Any books, Detailing the "Enterprise" series w/ Capt Archer

Please help :)

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

1) That period hasn't really been covered at all. The closest there is would be Federation, though that was written in 1994 and has since been superseded by canon.

2) Here's a full list of Enterprise novels, including novelizations of episodes, tie-in novels set during the series, the Romulan War novels and the new Rise of the Federation series.

3. MadMax_

MadMax_ Ensign Newbie

Hi Wormhole,

*Edit* thanks for the Link WH :)

Max

4. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

5. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

6. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Trek Lit "Enterprise" is doing what TV "Enterprise" should have done from the inception, showing us the beginnings of the Federation.

7. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Good that men do is one of my favorite Enterprise novels.:techman:Rosetta is also another good Enterprise novel. Also the novel based on the Xindi episode by J.M.Dillard

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  8. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some of the early Enterprise Relaunch books aren't that amazing. But keep reading them. They get better and all of them are important for the overall story.

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

As stated before, Federation is a great read. It was written before First Contact, so some of the details don't match up, but if you just treat it as a Myriad Universes story now, it's still one of the best written.

There are several Enterprise novels that take place after the series:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Those do not take place after the series, and I've already edited the Memory Beta ENT-novels list to correct that erroneous placement. Rosetta is set between "Bound" and "Demons" -- it's supposed to be what's going on in the main timeline while "In a Mirror, Darkly" is happening in the Mirror Universe, and it leads pretty much directly into the beginning of "Demons." And although Last Full Measure has a frame story set in 2238, the actual story is set early in season 3, between "The Xindi" and "Anomaly."

I think the source of the confusion is that those two books were written after the series, even though they were set during it.

(By the way, do you have to insert all those hyperlinks manually one at a time, or is there some way I haven't discovered to copy and paste a text passage with links and formatting included?)

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks. I edited my posts. I actually haven't read any of those yet. I'm using Firefox and everything copied over formatted and linked like that.

12. Christopher

Oh, that must be it. I suppose I'd be better off switching to Firefox full-time, but I just like Opera's controls and interface better.

13. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I switched back from Firefox to Opera a few months ago. Opera now uses webkit engine, which practically makes it Chrome, albeit with a nicer interface.

Firefox may still have certain advantages over it, but I don't think it's worth it.

14. Christopher

^What version of Opera are you using? I have 12.16 and it says there's no newer version available. But it's having increasing compatibility problems of late -- it doesn't get along with Facebook at all anymore.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I wouldn't call "not getting along with Facebook" a problem, as such. I'd call it an advantage. :evil:

16. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I think 'feature' is the word you're looking for. ;)

17. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

The old Opera 12.x uses the deprecated "Presto" engine and cannot be updated any more.

The new Opera uses the "webkit" engine (same one as Google Chrome), and is currently at the version 19.0.1326.59. You can actually use Chrome extensions now (there's a small Opera extension that allows this).

I suggest you back up you bookmarks, download the latest Opera and do a clean install.

On Topic: I'm currently enjoying your latest ENT novel, Christopher. Liking it very much so far.

18. Christopher

Wow, I missed seven versions?

I don't know what those are. To me, Chrome is just that annoying thing that Avast keeps trying to sneak onto my computer when it updates to a new version.

Okay... now I just have to remember how to back up my bookmarks and install them in the new one. And can I save my other settings too?

Thanks. You mean the first one, right? The second's still supposed to be a month or so away.

19. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Small addons which, uhm, "add" different functionalities to your browser, such as email notifications etc.

And it's a botnet too. Don't ask. :lol:

I'm not sure. Try googling it.

Yes, A Choice of Futures. I opened a thread about it in the ENT forum.

Kudos for bringing Cutler back. And DON'T KILL TRIP! :rommie:

20. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

No. There was no Opera 13. Opera 14 is a mobile version. Opera 15-plus are on a crash development cycle that resembles the Chrome development cycle. Every few months they advance the number. :)

I'm still using 12.16 because Opera 19 is simply too crippled to use. I make heavy use of the integrated e-mail client/RSS reader in 12.16, and that's gone. Content Block is gone. Per-site settings (like custom stylesheets) are gone. The depth of settings in opera:config is gone. Opera 15+ is, derisively, a Chrome skin that calls itself Opera. The browser I love it's not.

Yes, some sites are becoming difficult to use in Opera 12.16. I haven't had major problems with Facebook, though the Search doesn't always work.

You don't have to do that. Opera 15+ doesn't overwrite Opera 12.16. That's deliberate, because Opera 15+ doesn't have all the features of Opera 12.16 and they're not forcing anyone to upgrade. You can run them side-by-side. (I do. I also have the Next and Developer streams on my computer.)

The best thing with Bookmarks, frankly, is to sign up for Opera Link. (It's under "Synchronize Opera" on the main menu.) Then, your bookmarks are backed up on Opera's servers. When you install Opera 19, your bookmarks will pull from Opera Link.