24th Century Civilian Clothes

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by LobsterAfternoon, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metryq

Metryq Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Perhaps this was intentional? After all, the Federation is supposed to be made up of many different worlds. And while "western" clothing in our world has a general sameness, there are still regional differences. I'm not a fashion expert, so I cannot quantify the exact differences. Yet many times I've seen, say other students at an international university, that looked somehow "different." I later learned the regions of these perceived differences.

"Look at the cut of those trousers! The guy must be a Capellan. No doubt about it."

While the Federation may have routine commerce between planets and maybe even subspace Internet sites, the Denebians know that the Vulcans make the best fuel synthesizers, and salt vampires know how confusing and boring it would be if everyone looked the same.

IDIC.

2. Sam_I_Am

Sam_I_Am Captain Captain

Thank you so much for this amazing new blog! I've already red ten pages of it!

3. yousirname

yousirname Commander Red Shirt

You're welcome. I binged on the whole thing over about a month.

4. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Cadet Newbie

TOS was better in this regard. The clothing didn't look exactly plausible, but it was at least kind of interesting. TNG had everyone sign some kind of binding interstellar agreement that everybody would just look stupid. DS9 tried a little harder, did a little better, still looked kind of silly.

Could have been worse. I think they only had one non-military shirt on Babylon 5, and the actors had to pass it back and forth between takes. Tell me that's not what it looks like they were doing.

5. JJohnson

JJohnson Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Or they wear what look like ugly 80s couch fabrics.

Tim Thomason likes this.
  6. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Please take some time to review the posting rules of the board, pinned at the top of this forum.

This thread has been dead for over 8 years. Let’s let it Rest In Peace, shall we?

Thanks.

Kor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.