V: "Red Rain" - Jan. 4 - Grading & Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aragorn, Jan 4, 2011.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

15.0%
  2. Above average

42.5%
  3. Average

37.5%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

5.0%
  1. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

In the aftermath of the events of "Red Sky", Erica goes looking for a scientist who can tell her what the red sky is and learns the horrifying truth about the V's true intentions, On the mothership, Ryan is kept in isolation so Anna can experiment on his new born hybrid baby. After being used by Anna, Chad decides to join the fifth column.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  2. flux_29

flux_29 Commodore Commodore

Re: V: "Red Rain" - Jan. 5 - Grading & Discussion

Not long now. :)

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Said the dog after they cut off its tail.

:p

Looking forward to this.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Shouldn't that say Jan. 4? It's tonight, right?

5. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I have little interest in the show at this point, but the sky turning red was a big development and I want to see more on that.

6. flux_29

Anyone want to know where the 29 Motherships are?
    [​IMG]

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think I'm going to hold off until the end of the season again. Not sure I'm that interested in watching.

8. flux_29

^^i think the image is missing the australia ship thou.

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

That was my bad. Aragorn had alerted me of the needed change, but I goofed up.
    It's been corrected. I throw myself upon the mercies of Elizabeth Mitchell! :adore:

10. Aragorn

If this had been Morena circa Firefly, I would say she was the hottest one on the show. But because of the short hair, I give the edge to Elizabeth Mitchell. Vandervoort ain't half bad either. :)

11. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

That map cannot be correct. There s a mothership over DC, Rome and Cairo

12. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

My feelings precisely! :techman:

13. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I didn't realize this was on at 9pm tonight, I thought it was still on at 10. I guess I'll have to PVR the Pacific broadcast.

14. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Average. I had decided to give up on it and didn't finish watching the last 4 episodes from last season but there wasn't anything on so I thought why not.

The show has all the issues I had last year--bland characters, sloppy writing i.e. letting Ryan back into the group and not considering they sent a drone to follow him back to their secret meeting place. No real rhyme or reason for Anna cutting off contact with Earth fueling distrust and chaos. Now the priest is trusting Chad Decker and the priest is publicly rejecting the visitors--that won't draw their attention.

I hope they aren't going down the tired old road of interbreeding--hopefully there is something more to it. And the idea of luuuuuuuuuuurve and human/Cylon/Visitor breeding is no more interesting or compelling than in its last several iterations on other genre shows. And did we really need a dream sequence at the start as a misdirection-that is so cliched. And the riot scene with Tyler and Erica getting tossed about was awfully executed and you just felt bad for Elizabeth.

The only really interesting parts were the revelation of the Visitor skeleton, the connection to Tyler's birth and Diana's intro--I'll let it pass that she kept her human form and was all decked out because it looks like she might have been corrupted by her human emotions and probably wanted to keep her human form.

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Average for me as well. Erica and the resistance seem so casual investigating things in public that she never seems to get discovered working with the 5th column. Thy need to fire some of the writers and get a fresher, tighter approach.

16. KingstonTrekker

KingstonTrekker Commander Red Shirt

Tough crowd here tonight --- it is tough to please science fiction fans I guess. I wonder if this is part of the reason why sci fi shows struggle on network television?

In any event, I thought the episode was great -- fast-paced, lots of answers/hints, some new characters, good special effects....and Jane Badler is BACK! :)

17. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No---sci-fi shows struggle because most of them are boring pieces of crap that don't have interesting characters, sharp writing, original ideas, tight storytelling and a pitch perfect pace. They assume their audiences are dullards who won't catch glaring inconsistencies or plot logic lapses and they assume they are newbies who have never seen sff before so all the recycled predictable storylines will seem fresh.

V is only the latest in a very long line of mediocre shows that have come out in the last decade--Invasion, Surface, Flash Forward, SG Atlantis, Stargate Universe, Caprica, Life on Mars, Torchwood, Smallville, Heroes(barring S1) etc etc

I can only think of about three decent ones--Lost, BSG, and Supernatural.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Never seen a show that had the opening credits at the 20 minute mark, and I figured early on that the big secret was that they were hiding Jane Badler! :eek:

19. Vonstadt

Vonstadt Captain Captain

Madison Square Garden : Let's Go Rangers!
    I have to say the mystery and intrique..the underground hiding and well being underground of the old show is just not here in the new version.

I almost laughed several times when Chad the reporter kept talking to the doctor about the Fifth Column in his outdoor voice...I mean my gut reaction was 'ssssh' jeez, this is supposed to be covert or something.

Not to mention that the show's writing still seems to be well...sloppy to say the least. Tyler needs a good solid 'whap' to the back of his head.

Not to mention I thought the old 80's motherships were lousy when it came to security....they get to make fun of the more modern V's mothership security.

Still I will hang in there and see where it goes.

Vons

20. Aragorn

So how did Chad connect Father Jack to Fifth Column way back in season one again? Just randomly?