NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by havoc92, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Ghostsoldier

Ghostsoldier Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

ATM machine?

Urinal? ;)

Rob

2. havoc92

havoc92 Commander Red Shirt

No bloody clue. I did a quick and dirty build of one. It's unfinished; but, I've been puzzling over it since. My best guess - possibly a sensor array for deck level atmospheric systems.

3. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Both very good suggestions, thanks! If I might take havoc92's idea a step further, perhaps they are backup atmospheric processors, in case the main ones go down? That might explain why there were so many of them on the various decks in LTBYLB

4. danellis

danellis Captain Captain

Emergency supplies dispenser?

When activate two hand phasers, two medical tricorders, and an hypospray pop out.

dJE

5. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It might be that the southern part of the galaxy that time of the year was extra cold and they needed portable units to keep it warm. Flint probably invented that device and made a fortune selling the plans to Starfleet and used the profits to buy his planet ;) :D

6. havoc92

And when Starfleet found out they didn't work, they gave the Klingons directions how to get there..

7. havoc92

Took some massive time away to enjoy some gaming for a while rather than making stuff for games. Gearing up to get going again.

8. havoc92

Ok, so, to get moving once again, I thought it would be nice to see something closer to a finished room.. not finished, just, well..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First, make the grates fit the holes.. or vice versa.. Then we start hangin things on the walls..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

.. Still got a lot of things to build yet, as can be seen here. So the prop work is ongoing. But, this shows
    where it's paying off. That said, much of this is rough placement just to get it in the room. The floors here
    will be modified again, unfortunately. After lots of thought, two things made up my mind. One, the
    floor level on deck 2 of engineering is way too high. Two, well, there's that warp core thing that needs to
    go in the floor.. At any rate, moving again.

9. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

Damn... that is beyond mind-blowingly awesome... :drool::wtf::eek::bolian:

10. Mytran

On the show, the upper level was only about 6' off the ground.
    When FJ did his plans he simply raised it to bring it into line with the rest of Deck 6 (which makes sense from a structural POV).
    If you want to lower the upper level in the Engine Room it would be a simple process to add some additional steps just out of sight to join the rest Deck 6. Perhaps that's what through those 2 upper exits?

11. blssdwlf

blssdwlf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Second that. Adding additional steps/ramps between levels would make that work. But so far this is looking to be a great ship from FJ's plans.

12. havoc92

You know, I may be able to get away with simply lowering the floor in one area on the upper level.
    I'll have to double check; but, if I can get away with it, it would save a pile of work.

13. TIN_MAN

TIN_MAN Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Also, another thought (that you may have already considered and dismissed?) is to make the "emergency manual monitor" room a seperate "balcony" type thing? running along the upper side of FJ's "energy converter" room. This way, those energy converter things (which probably put out a lot of light/heat/noise?) remain seperated off into their own dedicated areas?

P.S. If you look closely at FJ's cross section (with a magnifying glass) you can see that he apparently elevated the main floor of engineering by about a half a foot or so? It requires a "step up" from the entry foyer, but that might help with your headaches?

Anywho, great work, I'm looking forward to more of the same!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  14. Mytran

Elevating the main floor of Engineering would also help avoid that pesky undercut! :)

15. havoc92

Yeah, I checked it over and my intitial figuring was correct. Gotta raise the floor back up. Hating it; but, can't find a way around it. However, I think I'm going to place ramps inside of engineering instead of in the outer corridors.
    I really want to limit the impact and that seems the best way to do it.

16. havoc92

Here's the latest for the day..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm working back and forth between the engineering cutout and developing assets. I built two new assets this morning and you can see
    modifications to Engineering itself - adjustment to the level two windows to get them right, addition to the level two space above the
    console area (overhead beam), and a resize of the wall section on level one and the cutin for a panel/cubby space that is supposed to be
    there.. More of the assets have been placed as well. So, it's been a rather busy day for me between the work and research end.

As always, more to come ;)

17. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

^

And as always, I look forward to it. :)

18. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreeded :) :techman::techman::techman::techman::techman:

19. havoc92

Another day, another couple of assets created and placed. More mods have been made to the Engineering walls to accept certain of
    the assets. And I played with lighting levels a bit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not a bad day overall. Limited time today; but, still got quite a bit done.

20. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More assets created. The floors and lower deck walls have been fixed. Still plowing through ..