The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, that's how I remember it, too, although I could be mistaken.

2. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was pretty sure that Tomas was still alive when we saw the Caesarian scene (particularly since Rick finally turning on the prisoners happens fairly late in the episode), but I'd have to rewatch it to be sure.

Yup. That Carol hasn't appeared at all so far does suggest something has happened to her, though, hence the likelihood of a Woodbury abduction or some other problem. I guess the problem re: Woodbury is if any of the characters we know from there has been absent lately. I don't think we've seen some of the Governor's supernumeraries in a while, they might have done this.

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the idea that there is someone else in the prison. It seems so big that it almost feels like there should be someone else holed up in there other than those few prisoners and Rick's group.

4. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

...which was kind of a stupid assumption for Rick's group to make.

One: There were no remains at all, and from what we have witnessed over the earlier seasons, zombies do not haul bodies away like a wild cat, and there were no signs of struggle or a trail of blood from the area where the bandana was found.

Two: Zombies do not eat bone, so if Carol was attacked, and even tried to run before collapsing, her clothes and bones would have been discovered (by now) by Rick during his vengeful clean up of the prison. Evidence of this is T-Dog--he was attacked and his remains were found in the spot where he fell.

Three: the rest would not know the following, but Carol just as easily could have decided (or truly believed) the prison was overrun, so she found a way out of the prison and bolted for the woods. That, or the emotional damage of her T-Dog pact being broken in the most gruesome way was too much for her to deal with, so that too, led to her leaving the prison...maybe into the hands of someone.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Give me a three foot shot and I think I might have pulled the trigger on Merle in that situation. Can't be good for them.

6. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So Michonn got shot and then had zombie blood and guts splattered all over her. Is there really a logical reason why she shouldn't be on a one-way trip to walkerification via fever?

7. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This show has been really loose on blood borne exposure, as well as orifice exposure. There could be a reason for that or not, but I suspect it'll just get passed over, in this case

It's somehow comforting to know Merle is still just as much the Merle as he ever was

8. TREK_GOD_1

As I suspected, someone is okay.

By now, we know Merle is being set up to be killed by any number of people: Rick--for obvious reasons, Glenn, Michonne and of course his own brother.

Who will earn the chance to take him out?

9. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He also lied to the Gov and will be shown to be a liar if anyone sees Michonne and reports it to him (or he sees her) assuming she is part of an invasion/rescue attempt.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't imagine that there's not going to be a Merle/Daryl showdown at some point. I keep thinking that maybe that's where Carol will somehow play into it.

11. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Finally we can drop the whole Lori thing, SHE IS DEAD. Rick was hallucinating her on the phone, he's gone off the wall a bit. Carol is alive. Finally Mishone finds the group, and Andrea sleeps with yet another evil villain. Next weeks ep looks awesome.

12. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Why would Michonne turn into a walker? She didn't die; she wasn't bitten--unless the guts dripped into the bullet hole in her jeans, she's good.

Daryl kills Merle. There's no other satisfying conclusion. Daryl is all kinds of awesome. I wonder what they'll name the baby. She's got to be Rick's baby. It's been 8 months "since this all happened" according the the voices of the characters. 8 months and however many days. A normal, healthy pregnancy is 10 months, 9 lunar months. 40 weeks. That baby girl doesn't look premature to me. Lori had to have been pregnant before the initial epidemic. Just because she and Rick were fighting doesn't mean there wasn't some make up sex at some point. Rick was in the hospital 2 or 3 weeks at most and he found the group barely a week later. In all the chaos of the freaking zombie apocalypse, it's not so unbelievable that a missed period wouldn't register. You'd attribute it to stress. She and Rick had some angry sex right before he got shot and there you go. It can't be Shane's kid. I hope they name her Sophia.

13. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Could Andrea be any more of an idiot? She's this season's Lori.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

She doesn't exactly have a great track record when it comes to choosing lovers.

15. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Andrea doesn't know he has heads floating in a jar. How could she know that? Who thinks that someone is going to have heads in a jar? It's not like there are a lot of options in this world.

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Wow. Overreact much?

17. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Is it just me or does Merle and Daryl's relationship seem to give off more and more hints of maybe not abuse but at least a severe level of control?

When Daryl imagines Merle during season two, Merle is in rare domineering douchebag mode. Then last night Daryl tells Carl that he could only go outside and play with the neighborhood kids when Merle was not around.

I may not be remembering the exact wording correctly, but I could have sworn that Daryl alluded to his life being better when Meryl was in prison (season two on the road).

How did Michonne find the prison? It was not like Glenn and Maggie drove in on a dirt track.

I love how everyone looks all sweat stained and hardened and then there is that cute, fresh, pink-clad baby.

18. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm sure any gas station she passed would have had a map.

19. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

or she's from the area. They aren't traveling very far.

20. TREK_GOD_1

She does not need to know about the head tanks for alarms to ring; Michonne pointed out several distubing things about the man and his town (remember his book with all of the names?), they hold zombie gladiator games, and Merle's secretive conversation with a wall guard (before Michonne's departure) should have been enough warning for her to get out of town.

Instead, she is either playing a mind game with the Governor (to learn more), or she is back to being the distasteful character with no internal filter she has been since season one.