Eight reasons why X3 is an eternal crime against Geekdom

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still haven't gotten over the way that "redwood forest" they were in seemed to be composed entirely of twigs. Has the director never seen a redwood? Idiot! Ruined the suspension of disbelief right there!

However, X3 was nothing like the massive crime against humanity, nature and the cosmos that George Lucas committed with the PT.

2. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    I love the first two films, but still have yet to watch X3 or XO:W. I am looking forward to renting First Class asap though. Should I bother with X3 and XO:W?

3. Vulagr

Vulagr Commander

My big things I don't like is:

They set up the Phoenix storyline

But all we get is the Phoenix standing around next to Magneto. I wanted to see the Shi'ar and the fight on the moon! I wanted to see the Phoenixeat some suns and destroy some planets! What a wasted opportunity.

Boy, I'd love to make a few million dollars doing nothing but looking good.

It was still all about Wolverine and thus was not truly an X-Men movie, more like Wolverine 3. I don't mind the character, but there is no I in team. I'm also fed up with his popularity though.

Now, I really liked seeing Kelsey Gramer as the Beast, though.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

They wouldn't have done that even if Singer and his team had stuck around for X3 instead of jumping ship for Superman.

5. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Give it twenty more minutes and fill them with character moments involving Peter, Kitty and Hank (though not necessarily all at once) and you might have a very good movie; maybe not as good as the other two, but decent on its own terms. Oh, and short-shrifting Scott wasn't the best idea either. That was another character who wasn't given enough attention in the series, IMO.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Me too, but the first thing you have to do is, you know, qualify...

7. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought it was pretty bad to begin with, but when they decided to kill off Cyclops and Picard I just thought "Oh no, two of the biggest main characters are bailing. There goes the franchise."

Xavier had a good enough death scene, I guess, and the possibility of return; but Cyclops really got screwed.

8. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Even if you buy that, and I don't, it's still a massive tension-killer, and an entirely boneheaded way to start what they had to have guessed could very well be the third part of a trilogy.

9. AFEK ESLCAFE W

AFEK ESLCAFE W Lieutenant Commander Newbie

I enjoyed all of the X-Men films released so far, but the 3rd film was nowhere as not rewatchable as Origins. Now, that stunk and isn't worth going back to for seconds. :klingon:

Grendelsbayne likes this.