Star trek 13 villain

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Xzpezer, Jan 5, 2014.

1. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

Please elaborate: In what way? You make it sound as vacant as Mr. Universe flexing his muscles on the beach for the girls. It's kind of like saying an EMT (or some other first responder) is showing off by carrying an incapacitated person out of the fire. The latter two movies weren't great, so I won't defend that, but I am curious how you believe the ship essentially became an object of vanity. Your complaint is what some of us actually want.

2. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Agreed, I want them to show the Enterprise off, some of my absolute favorite scenes in all of Trek involve the old girl,, the TMP flyby and launch, TWOK battles, TSFS theft I could go on.

If I were to be into the Fast and Furious movies (and I'm not at all) I'd expect to see some car action.

The Enterprise is the 4th biggest character in Trek after Kirk, Spock and Bones IMO, and I think she got a raw deal in the last movie

3. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

How about the old Kirk as a villain. From Shatner's book The Return. Kirk is reanimated by the borg and Romulans but programmed to bring down the Federation. Great way to bring Shatner back in and end his character properly maybe by ending him at the end in a fitting battle to finally save the federation he was sent out to destroy or bring down.

4. geneo

Another Robocop character?

5. JWPlatt

JWPlatt Commodore Commodore

All they have to do to bring back Kirk Prime is this:

Basically some Trek character clones Kirk in body only - not mind, not living. Maybe they were warned with knowledge of the future, or from the Nexus. They do a simultaneous beam-out and switch of dying Kirk under the fallen bridge with the clone Kirk. Dying Kirk is saved with advanced medical help. Clone Kirk is still there for Picard to bury under a pile of stones. That's why dying Kirk said, "Oh my." He became aware of the beam-out attempt, but Picard was unaware. Kirk lives on in Picard's time, but we know not where. Or maybe he was recalled to the Nexus since he was there once and could then choose to exit into any time he wished. Maybe he joined Spock for a while on Romulus. Maybe he jumps in and out of the Nexus every week for a new adventure in a different time period - like Time Tunnel for Star Trek. Who knows.

6. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

One example is the Enterprise-E being touted as the "most advanced ship on the fleet" then minutes later swooping in and destroys an almost 'omnipotent' opponent like the Borg cube in FC was very anti-climatic.

In Nemesis, they talked up a big game by bringing in a black ubership with 50+ disruptor banks and a million torpedoes yet the Ent-E brushes away all that and the born again action man that is Picard banters with a romulan chick about romulan ale before deciding to crash into the Scimitar - LOOK ... she's hella tough trek fans!

Then there is the joystick scene in Insurrection. It is almost like they had the idea of doing a Top Gun with the Enterprise.

The above examples instilled no fear of the ship being turned into toast or that something terrible is about to happen the protagonists. It is a relief that the recent reboot movies gave us the sensation that no one was safe. Not even Kirk.

7. anh165

anh165 Commander Red Shirt

The Enterprise did not get any raw deal, she (the crew) came out on top against the odds which is what we all know and love about the crew of the Enterprise.

When she recovered from the falling from the sky and elevated up through the clouds in STiD was magical, I'll take that scene than all the combined 24th century era battle scenes.

8. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Dude. Really? Even the massive fleet battles from DS9?

For me, no deal. But I would trade any of it for the scene with Kirk and crew on the Genesis planet, watching the Enterprise fall. But thankfully, I don't have to trade - we get them all. :techman:

9. geneo

Hey, that is very good. We could also have another Guardian of Forever he could go to any time period in the past he wanted.

10. Smellmet

I'm sorry but that is WAY to fanfanky for me

11. Smellmet

I'm sorry but the enterprise got a new arsehole tore in STID, she did'nt even get a shot off!

12. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I just knew some magic was in effect.

I think the spell in question was Dispel Any Other Federation Ships ( Especially Ones With Tractor Beams ). That's a complicated incantation, though.

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Into Darkness did a great job setting up the third film and I see no reason to throw that all away by going in another direction. We need a war with the Klingons.

The film can open with a teaser depicting the opening battle of the Federation-Klingon War where a fleet of Klingon cruisers almost effortlessly crushes a StarFleet task force. Cut to Kirk recording a captain's log detailing how relations with the Klingons have broken down and all out war started 6 months ago. The Enterprise has been recalled to Earth and assigned a mission vital to the defense of the Federation. StarFleet revives Khan with the promise of a pardon for him and his crew if he helps Kirk complete the mission.

Throw in some epic fleet battles, an intelligent Klingon general, some cool action scenes, some snarky dialogue between Khan and Kirk, and a romance subplot between Carol Marcus and Bones. The rest of the movie will write itself.

14. geneo

Humm..well, how about something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmz0-7GWtM

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Let's see the Borg come for the Federation but through Klingon space. Epic Klingon/Borg battles in space and on land, planets being assimilated (think of the Vendetta prologue), and Kirk and co. trying to save their former enemies. End with Kirk freeing the entire Borg Collective and making allies of the Klingon Empire.

16. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^That sounds epic! Something truly worthy of a 50th Anniversary story.

17. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Way too much fanwank.

18. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh, and the finale could be the creation of a virus which wipes them out completely thus not only representing a saving of Earth but the entire Galaxy! :hugegrin:

19. Khan444

Khan444 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think that the third film will probably feature a war between the Federation and the Klingons as a result of Khan and Adm. Marcus's actions. However, I'd love for the TOS crew to encounter the Borg and I'd love to see how cool the Borg could look with today's technology/effects.

20. UFO

UFO Captain Captain

I have only watched it once, but didn't the last film conclude with war against the Klingons being prevented? Sure, its a bit embarrassing for the Klingons to have their home world "invaded" so easily etc, but even they would have to admit Earth paid a much higher price to rein in Marcus and co.

If the Klingons were going to attack, wouldn't they have done so by the end of the last film? Isn't a quick response more in keeping with their nature? OK, I suppose things could just be simmering for a while, but I don't see war with the Klingons as the inevitable direction the last film was heading in, more the reverse. Of course it may be a temptation the writers can't resist.:shrug: