New Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by TrekToday, Dec 19, 2012.

1. TrekToday

TrekToday Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Paramount has released a new synopsis giving more details about Star Trek into Darkness. As always, potential spoilers are behind the cut. “In Summer 2013, pioneering director J.J. Abrams will deliver an explosive action thriller that takes Star Trek into Darkness,” said the Paramount release. ” When the crew of the Enterprise is called back [...]

More...

2. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

Personal score to settle..........Yep..............Pike clearly bites the dust in this one.

3. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In my opinion, Kirk disobeyed Starfleet orders, hunting the villain anyway, causing the death of his crew and damage to the Enterprise.

4. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

But he saved earth, even in dictatorships we had people like Rommel disobeying orders.

5. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

Death of his crew? I doubt that. They would never give him a command again.

6. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Isn't that Kirk's consistent modus operandi? Beginning with the films from Wrath of Khan forward he broke every single rule. In fact he was complicit in even stealing the enterprise and part of the plan to sabotage the Excelsior.

as an aside: one of the things I disliked about the character Picard is that he was such a goodie two shoes and always followed the rules.