Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    What are the other 4? I would guess that "Mission to the Unknown" & "The Daleks' Master Plan" would be among them. What else?

2. ROBE

ROBE Commander Red Shirt

Personally I intend to create a time machine, then go back in time and record all the missing episodes when they were first transmitted along with the three missing Dads Army episodes.

3. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Tenth Planet and Evil of the Daleks.
    Terry Nation's attempts to sell his Dalek tv series meant sales of Power and Evil were restricted at the time (Evil wasn't sold overseas till a year later, as an optional addon at the end of season five) and with Power unavailable and Smugglers already sold as part of season three Tenth Planet got skipped as well.
    In many countries season 4 began with Highlanders and the new Doctir inexplicably in place.

4. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

:lol:

The only problem with this comparison is that Fizzbin makes sense -- you can actually play it despite Shatner ad-libbing the rules.

And if there were missing Trek episodes, which hasn't been true since we got all of "The Cage", the fandom wouldn't be any less idiotic about it. :rolleyes:

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Lines up A Piece of The Action on the DVD player, so, I can be sure to get all the rules down, so, I know what to expect, on the off chance there is no missing Episode announcement tomorrow (It's already tomorrow in Britain for us across the pond, isn't it?)

6. N-121973

N-121973 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We're fast running out of Tuesdays in September, if it isn't today it'll have to be next Tuesday.

7. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The whole Tuesday thing started as a joke on another Forum and was then taken in as "fact" by the True Believers.

Makes a change from the Circle Of Levine method, I suppose.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

9. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

There'd still be two missing...

10. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

So, don't keep us in suspense, what episodes were announced as being found?

11. StCoop

Three Golden Shots* and the long-suppressed "Chuckle Brothers On Meth Xmas Special".

*All Charlie Williams, no Monkhouse's, unfortunately.

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Doh :brickwall:

13. StCoop

It's OK, they're coming next Tuesday.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

15. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ooh, the Charlie Williams ones would be far more worth seeing. Supposed to be real car crash television, down there with I Love My Country! :-)

16. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that it's obvious there won't be an announcement today, GB has fallen to wondering why Ian Levine thought there might be. "But wait," you're saying, "didn't he explain that he got it from GB?" Well, yes, he did. But because people are still fixed on the notion that big name fans have secret information, they're declaring that he can't have just gotten it from GB, that he must have heard something else somewhere. Just like three months ago, when even after he confirmed the only "evidence" he'd seen was the shipping ticket people insisted he had to have something else, wouldn't have believed on so flimsy a basis. It's like they know nothing about the man's personality.

17. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

This September 17th thing is a good example of the reinforcement loop that's happening with the Omnirumour.

What starts out as someone's speculation on one BBS gets picked up by other people and passed around on social media and other BBSes, but the fact that it's only speculation gets lost, so that people who don't know the origins of the speculation begin to treat it as fact, whereupon still more sites pick it up and it moves on.

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

It gets dafter- now we have some nutjob calling for the end to shadowy groups of fans setting out to sabotage and prevent the announcement that fucking everything has been found...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4DDzPDDAQM

Why do we only cull badgers instead...?

19. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel sorry for Sammi Carter (the "nutjob" cited above). He believes every little thing about it.

20. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Someone should consul him when there'll be no announcements made about this.

BTW, Ian Levine's tweets above have all been removed since. Curious, huh?