Transolar Galactica --scifi parody

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Maurice, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's hysterical. :lol:

3. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Thank you so much! I'll be adding that to me 'to be processed' pile. I absolutely did not have those!

4. newtontomato539

newtontomato539 Commander Red Shirt

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

MUST BREATHE

Ohwaitaminute

:Sci Fi Fan Humour Mode On:

Humor, it is a difficult subject.

5. harlan33

harlan33 Guest

Thanks for sharing.[​IMG]

6. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Maybe simply the best thing ever. Love it!

7. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

These are sooo funny. Looks high quality production but maybe that's all the lens flare hiding the sets.

8. Maurice

There are no sets. It's all greenscreen. The backgrounds are Photoshop images, each taking about 1 hour to do.

9. Nerdcore13

Nerdcore13 Cadet Newbie

I love this show. I actually went to a screening of the whole first Season at a theater in Spokane, WA. It was really awesome to see their stuff on the big screen. It's pretty amazing what these guys do with no budget, and the show is hilarious. Here's the rest of the episodes:

7. Edge of the Universe
    8. Ominous
    9. Slow Day
    10. Everything That Ever Mattered

:techman:

10. Catfuzz

Catfuzz Cadet Newbie

I have no connection to the show except that I'm friends with several of the cast and I just love the show. So I'm posting their Kick Starter link. They are hoping to raise funds to make a Season 2 of the show and make it even better. (It's already insanely awesome). You can pledge as little as a single dollar, and they appreciate every contribution. There are update videos explaining what they intend to do with the money and a few hints as to the direction the show is going. I am hoping some of you can help out and contribute a few bucks.

Thanks!

No solicitation permitted here. - T'Bonz

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2012
  11. Maurice

The mods typically frown on such solicitation on the board.

12. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Yes, the TrekBBS Frequently Asked Questions and Forum Rules has an admonition:

"Soliciting: Do not attempt to solicit other BBS members; posting to sell or endorse a product or web site will not be permitted."

Admittedly, it can be a fine line between "Hey, this is cool. I hope they make more!" and "Hey, this is cool so send them some money so they can make more!"

Try to talk interestingly and respectfully on the forum and try to refrain from becoming a commercial.

Forum Rules are here:

http://www.trekbbs.com/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

13. Duane

Duane Captain Captain

I enjoy their work and wish them success with Season 2. I love the idea that Season 2 will essentially be one movie rather than a series of short comic videos. I hope they have a strong script.

14. Catfuzz

Catfuzz Cadet Newbie

Ok. I didn't think it was soliciting if I am not part of the show or benefit from what I've brought your attention to. I pledged some money but that's the limit of my involvement. I really want to see these guys succeed.

If I told you that you could buy some Star Trek stuff somewhere would that be soliciting?

Also, it seems that with the wording of the rules that the OP could also be found in violation.

Not trying to be a jerk here but I think we're splitting hairs. I can take down my post, though, if it offends.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  15. GSchnitzer

Well, like I said: "Admittedly, it can be a fine line between 'Hey, this is cool. I hope they make more!' and 'Hey, this is cool so send them some money so they can make more!'

So I'm not exactly sure myself where the fine line is. But for now, we can start with making sure we don't post hypertext links to crowd funding sites like IndieGoGo, Kickstarter, and RocketHub. There's no need for you to take down the post. (The Mods could have that ourselves if it weren't overkill.)

16. Catfuzz

Catfuzz Cadet Newbie

Cool. :bolian:

BTW, I am an enormous Star Trek fan myself.I've just never joined a forum about it until now.

17. GSchnitzer

Well, I'm sorry your first contact left a tiny bit of a sour taste in your mouth. It'll get better.

18. Catfuzz

Catfuzz Cadet Newbie

No biggie. I didn't realize that it was just the link that admins had a problem with. I figured it was my whole post.