Smallville: 10x02 "Shield" - Discussion and Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 1, 2010.

?

Grade the episode:

1. SUPERMAN! (Excellent)

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. The Red-Blue Blur (Good)

17 vote(s)
    60.7%
  3. The Blur (Average)

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Supermope (Bad)

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. Bizzaro (Terrible)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:angryrazz: Gonna start leaving burning \S/'s everywhere. :shifty:

I still think the jacket is better than that chalky \S/ & black trench coat...kinda wish they would have done the black shirt with a red \S/ and with no coat...like Conner Kent(Superboy).

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Maybe they're saving it for sweeps weeks or something. When he finally flies, they're going to want to save it for something special, not a throwaway scene at the end of an episode about Cat Grant . . . .

Besides, this season has barely started. They're not going to play that card so soon.

After nine years of build-up, it needs to be a Big Moment--with nothing less than the fate of the Earth (or maybe Lois) at stake.

3. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

I have to agree with you on those points Greg, as I'm sure that's the logic that the PSW would use for not having him fly just yet.

But that aside, that scene practically screamed for him to thrust his fist up into the sky and leap off that building (and presumably not plummet to the ground below!)

:devil:

I guess what I'm saying is if they want to hold him taking flight until Sweeps Week, then they shouldn't have ended the ep with him up there like that with the DP in the background.

I'm just sayin'.

And Jet, I don't think I can make myself call you 'The Blur' here either, :lol:

Sorry bud!

:p

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    Oh well. :lol:

Clark not flying is something else that should have been done after S4 when Kal El flew...S5 would have been great.

[edit] In fact a Legion ep in S5 would have fit in nicely.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I know what you mean. I admit: for a few seconds there, I really thought he was going to do it, too.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Kara is supposed to address the not flying business yet in "Supergirl" next week and I've already stated my views on when we'll see Clark fly, he's on his way to resolving those issues. That damn jacket is already starting to grow on me, Rao, I flip flop a lot.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Edna made it for him

"No capes!"

8. Admiral_Young

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm sure that Kelly and Brian are laughing their asses off, thinking about how they had all of us fanboys thinking that it was going to happen, then going 'Neener-neener-neener!' by ending the scene and throwing up the end credits.

:klingon:

Damn them!

:lol:

10. Admiral_Young

Actually I think Brian and Kelly were talking about how epic that scene was ;)

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It started out "dark" then it became "epic" :lol: & Fun!

12. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

A good hour. And Allison Mack is no longer in the credits. I thought the spot should have been filled by Keri Lynn Pratt. She's probably a guest but they could have made her a regular. I don't know what else to say that hasn't been said already. Maybe I'll answer some posts.

Looks more like Hawkman struck out. har har!

It's impressive what they're doing in Vancouver these days. It really is.

Mine too, but she's kind of cute and hot. I even like the "Victoria Jackson" thing a bit. It's an interesting take on the character. I'm still wondering why they got rid of Emilie Ullerup though.

I've always wondered... What if someone supersped across a large body of water and then had to slow down or stop?

That actually makes sense.

Shanks! ...and Ra. Another Stargate connection I didn't think of.

I think the aura is close to his body so that tight fitting outfits will be protected, but not loose ones. The Superman suit (minus the cape) would be mostly safe.

Okay, he didn't "strike out". He got caught up imagining a long lost love and it was believeable.

Who? Lois? Or Cat Grant?

I didn't see it penetrate his skin. It just made a hole in his clothing and then the exposed skin absorbed something.

A third Stargate connection. First Egypt, then Ra, now a long lost love with a similar name. This guy can't get away from Stargate.

I also noticed that they got around it by having her say... "a super man".

It was pretty neat.

I thought he was gonna fly too. And yeah, more stalling, especially with his second transition suit. :lol: Love it, but put on the real one already.

She does indeed. She always looks like she's ready for hot angry sex.

Matthew McConaughey?

Or a young Victoria Jackson.

I didn't even notice it on the show. I only saw it when Jetfire made his avatar. And about that suit, it's not just a leather jacket, he's got boots and a blue shirt too. I thought maybe the blue shirt had an "S" on it.

And here I'm thinking... IT'S SEASON TEN!!!

13. Admiral_Young

We've seen Clark race in water I think in the first Aquaman episode but Arthur proved faster than him since he was swimming. They've mentioned the word "Superman" on the series before a couple of times, Garth from the Legion almost mentioned it but was stopped by Rokk.

Chloe erasing her own existence is something I brought up last year on a number of occasions. I'm still convinced we'll see her take up the mantle as the new Dr. Fate. As Carter so fittingly put it...you can't outrun your fate.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Ratings...
    CW Smallville 1.0 (18-49 Rating) 4 (18-49 Share) 2.36 (Viewers Live+SD (Millions)

15. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I gave it a RBB vote.

Pratt was really annoying, but I've always liked her. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and the Ra stuff. And the Sha're/Shiera gag really is a humorous coincidence. I wonder if it was planned. :shifty: :cardie:

I do like the new look, but I think the "S" should be yellow. The episode is called "Shield;" It should have stood out more.

It didn't bother me that he didn't fly. Like Greg said, save it for an uber awesome moment in a non-filler episode.

Overall, I'd say this was on of the better second episodes of the show.

16. Agent Richard07

She does have that southern/mid-western debutante look...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Didn't know she was 32 either. I thought she was in her late 20s.

17. Agent Richard07

I'd say it was just a coincidence. I don't see how they could have planned it.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I find her very visually pleasing, but audibly I want to punch her lights out.

19. Admiral_Young

^ My thoughts exactly regarding Cat!

20. Agent Richard07

^ Just imagine her screaming obscenities in bed.