The Creature from the Black Lagoon...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by M'Sharak, Jan 12, 2009.

1. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

...the Musical? [​IMG]

I received in the mail today from Universal Studios Hollywood (not even sure how I got on their mailing list, but whatever) an offer of "FREE TICKET". Looking inside, I find that you actually have to buy a pass to get the free ticket, but that's not really much of a surprise. TANSTAAFL, right?

But on the back, noting "coming Spring 2009", is mention of "Creature from the Black Lagoon: The Musical". I hadn't been aware such a thing was in the works and knew nothing about it. A quick search turns up these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creature_from_the_Black_Lagoon-_The_Musical

[​IMG]

http://media.universalstudioshollywood.com/attractions/creature_from_the_black_lagoon_the_musical

A bit thin on detail, I'd say. Has anyone heard of this before and know anything more about it?

2. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

The mind boggles.

But I guess if the Little Mermaid can get her own musical, why not the Gill-Man?

Coming soon: THE CREATURE ON ICE!

3. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Shouldn't that be "African-American Lagoon" in this day and age?

4. Centurion

Centurion Lieutenant Red Shirt

Or how about Creature from the Black Latrine the Musical featuring Ryan Seacrest?

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

TCFTBL always makes me think of that bit in the Buffy ep "Go Fish", where members of the swimteam are turning into fish men

Cordelia: It's one thing to be dating the lame unpopular guy, but it's another to be dating the creature from the Blue Lagoon
    Xander: Black Lagoon! The creature from the Blue Lagoon was Brooke Shields!
    :lol:

6. Outpost4

Outpost4 Vice Admiral Admiral

There is the old Dave Edmunds song.

7. M'Sharak

^ Hurrah, Dave Edmunds! :techman:

Since it's opening at the Universal Studios theme park, I don't expect anything on the same level as the Bat Boy musical turned out to be, but I'd be interested in learning more, for curiosity's sake if nothing else.

Since the story was set in the Amazon and filming of the original was done in Florida and California (including lagoon segments shot on the Universal back lot) I'd say probably not.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I'll eventually see this. I'm prooooobably the biggest Gillman fan on the board, and simply cannot resist anything with Creature From the Black Lagoon in it.

9. M'Sharak

^ Kinda figured you'd show up sooner or later. :lol: Also figured that, if anyone knew much about this show beyond what was in the links I posted above, it would probably be you.

10. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Oh, I know far too much about the musical. Both the stage version (the one they're doing at the theme park) and the movie version. Yes, the movie version.

I also have a signed dvd of Silver Scream! The Musical.