Exact runtime verified.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Grant, Apr 24, 2013.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

A little longer than the last one. Good.

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Oh, jeez. Won't audiences be bored? ;)

4. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or the over 50 crowd having to go to the bathroom a couple of times?

5. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

We have ways of avoiding the trip. :devil:

6. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

That... Depends.

7. Franklin

Oh, no! That's not what I meant. I meant being over 50, one is mature and wise enough to realize it's not smart to take a 32 oz. soda into the theater. Yes. That's what I meant. Yes. That's it. :shifty:

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Of course, knock about seven minutes off the run time to take into account the credits and that's how much story time there will be.

It's sad, when I was a kid I could buy large drinks at the theatre and sith through the whole movie. But when I turned 18 I'd have to take a piss halfway through. Since then I've only gotten medium, but lately even that is making me need to get up twice or even three times during a two hour movie (and I'm only 28). Maybe it's time I stop buying Coke at the theatre. It's pretty damn overpriced anyway.

9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

We were each given two free alcoholic drink tickets at the gala premiere, but I managed to get through the whole movie without a toilet break.

10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, I got a weak bladder anyway, as evidenced by how man times I wake up through the night to take a piss.

11. Franklin

Could you take your drinks in with you to see the movie? Now how sophisticated would that be? Enjoying STID with a nice Aussie red wine or a scotch and soda (or both, you had two tickets ;) ).

12. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yep.

I'd already scoffed mine. Every seat had a free box of popcorn awaiting, too.

13. indranee

indranee Vice Admiral Admiral

Just don't supersize your drink :p

14. mattman8907

mattman8907 Commodore Commodore

15. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

The theatrical version of TMP ran exactly 5 seconds longer!! :rommie:

16. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I stopped drinking anything before or during movies years ago. Instead I take sour hard candies with me and they keep my mouth and throat from getting dry. I just got tired of having to pee for half the movie.

17. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

You're not alone, dude. I think I'll forego the liquid refreshments until after I finish watching the movie.

:devil:

18. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

It's weird, at 44 I have absolutely no problems with bladder control. Part of the cinematic experience for me, is purchsing one of those 1000ml mega-cups of diet Pepsi prior to the movie in concessions. Usually, I've downed it by the midway point - I never have to take a bathroom break. I'm no medical expert, but I think it's a bit of myth reference the preponderance of weaker bladders amongst the middle aged and upward.

19. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

It is a reality in later middle-age, in the aggregate (say 55 and over), at least according to my buddy who is a GP. However, if it occurs in people under 40, it can be (not necessarily, of course) a sign of underlying problems--in particular diabetes (of either type).

Best bet is to always empty the bladder before a movie anyway--lowers the chances of missing something and, much more importantly, lowers the chances of someone interrupting my movie watching because they have to block my view on their way to the toilet. :scream: :lol:

20. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

You guys are making me almost afraid about the Star Trek double feature I'm going to attend ... :guffaw: