FLASH series being developed for The CW

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

What about the poor city that has to deal with the guy who talks to fish? King of the sea? Really? Very lame city.

2. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The trailer shows a presentation with "Star City" shown on a screen.

[​IMG]

Perhaps the residents of Starling City are complaining? The destruction of the Glades and the city being terrorized by Slade and his army happened in a relatively short period of time. Perhaps they are trying to rebrand the city in response to this.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

But the sea is, like, 3/4 of the planet. So the king of the sea is automatically the most powerful political leader on Earth. Also? The total biomass of fish on the planet is some 20 times greater than the total biomass of humans. Plus "fish" includes sharks. Are you sure you want to call a guy lame when he can sic a sharknado on you?

And anyone who can endure the crushing pressures and frigid cold of the deep, and survive down there without air, would have to be incredibly strong, durable, and adaptable. Not to mention the incredibly keen sense of sight and night vision he'd need down there, and hearing keen enough to discern individual sounds out of the endless cacophony of the seas.

And let's not forget -- this is a guy who once beat a bad guy by throwing a polar bear at him.

And that was even before he grew an awesome beard and started telling stories about his mighty exploits. Like "The Time I Grew an Awesome Beard and Started Telling Stories About My Mighty Exploits."

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Countries are determined by 200 miles from their beaches out to sea before international waters start.

For Arthur that would be in reverse.

His kingdom would still stretch from the beach inland for 200 miles into other peoples countries.

Of course there's only a problem (war) if he tells the surface dwellers this, or tries to collect taxes.

Besides.

When he says King of the Seas, he really means King of Earth.

If Aliens show up, and say who's in charge, his hand would go straight up right quick.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

12 miles.

7. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I'm pretty sure the "King of the Seas" is a figurehead.

8. Guy Gardener

Depending on who is writing, there are several undersea city/states and sometimes even many of them are called Atlantis, each with their governors/kings.

But considering how manifest destiny underpinned by US post offices crept Whitey across the western frontier of America, you would think that the Atlanteans have some version of "Post Offices" spread out across the seabed ratifying their Dominion.

Seriously though, there is nothing to stop them for the last thousands of years from having "farms" the size of Texas to create a stock or produce to keep every one happy and fat.

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, I imagine Mera handles a lot of the day-to-day business of ruling while Arthur is off fighting supervillains with the Justice League.

10. Guy Gardener

They live in a light house in crab-apple Cove Main ( No, not really, yes a light house, but not in Crab-apple cove.). A couple months ago was a story about how the local cops tried to take Mera to jail because she got boisterous while shopping.

DC also made a statement recently that NO-ONE is married, which had nothing to do with preventing a gay marriage between Batwoman and Maggie Sawyer.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09...war-against-marriage-comics-batwoman-aquaman/

No one is married, and no is going to get married for the foreseeable future.

Dominion is pretty shit, but looking at how well they can do wings on people... A Hawkman, Hawkgirl or Hawkwoman live action TV show no longer seems out of the question.

11. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

AoS did not have to tie itself into the WS so directly though. The Hydra arc could have been postponed until the second season with the Winter Soldier taking place between seasons.

What they did pissed me off a little--I avoided spoilers like the plague until I was able to see the movie well over a month from its release date.

12. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I thought it made for an experience like no other - something that was truly cross-media. The closest I can think of were the things LOST did (the things to unlock clues between seasons and the mobisodes), but everything there was optional. With Agents of SHIELD season one, there was an experience that was only possible if you saw one episode of the season, went to see the movie, and then saw the next episode. It's the only time where seeing a movie in theaters made me excited about what would happen the following week. That's an experience that was great to have. It may have been one of the biggest risks ever to take, but I'm glad they did it.

13. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^Except that stunt forced us to sit through 2/3rds of a season spinning in place waiting for the movie. Imagine if the movie had been delayed or a major event had occurred preempting AoS for several weeks.

14. Guy Gardener

Or what about if someone high enough up in TV said "Fuck it" and played the relevant S.H.I.E.L.D. episodes weeks before The Winter Soldier came out, thus screwing over the movie?

15. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

16. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

delete

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  17. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    Awesome! Now, with the Atom on Arrow,the two original halves of Firestorm cast for Flash, and now General Eiling, could Captain Atom be far behind?

18. Guy Gardener

And we can finally see how Felicity becomes Ronnie's Step mum?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  19. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I too appreciated it...and made me wan to see the movie right away...and was not disappointed in either the movie or the show.

The problem, in my opinion, was they had the TWS moment in mind, but didn't have much in the beginning. I mean, they only thought up the show a few months in advance, right?

Had the show been a part of the Marvel movie plan...there could be some things they could have tied in with other movies (other than or in addition to Avengers). Maybe some scene that could be looked at by another point of view. Like Skye witnessing some event where she was in the background or something.

(That's an off the cuff idea -- but the bottom line...leverage the movies and its production to sneak in stuff into the show). THAT would've made AoS in the beginning a little more interesting (to me)

20. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Back in the 90's when Mark Waid was writing The Flash every issues began with the narration "My name is Wally West. I'm The Flash." (This was when Barry was dead and his protégée had taken over the role). So I take it as much a nod to a long standing trope of the comic as anything.