*~*~The Great J/C Thread~*~*

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Tachyon, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Tachyon

Tachyon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Any J/Cers onboard?

I knew there is at least few, so step up and take the claim! :D

Hi - My name is Tachyon and I am a J/Cer. And no twelve-step program can change that. This is a thread were we can chat about love of J/C, our despise of C/7, and our fav moments and episodes during the seven years of the best Trek out there.

So who's with me?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Hi Tach! Of course I'm with you! *hugs-hugs-hugs*

One of my fav fiddles, btw! :techman:

3. Tachyon

Thanks es! :)

4. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Hello, Tachyon, I'm Brit. I am a J/Cer.

Brit

5. joyofvgr

joyofvgr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm a die hard J/Cer, but not so much an advocate of Seven bashing. I think Seven was a good character and would never have done anything to knowingly hurt the Captain. That being said I was very disappointed with C/7 and happy that Golden quickly put an end to it. I just wish they did something more with J/C before killing off Janeway. Perhaps Breyer addressed this further in Full Circle, but one thing I've learned around here is not to get your hopes up.

6. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Not a friend of Seven bashing either. She's one of my fav characters, she has no guilt that Bermaga didn't know better.

7. Tachyon

Who talked about Seven bashing? I find Seven alright, C/7 not. ;)

8. leola

leola Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello,

I'm also a huge J/C fan, but I also like P/T, EMH/7 and various other combos. No C/7 though, no matter how well done. I can't see it.

For Seven, I think of the line from Roger Rabbit, "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." I wish there had been more character development. She could have been much more interesting.

9. es!

es! Commander Red Shirt

Even more character development? O.o Hmmm what do you imagine? I think it's the only character (aside from the Doctor) who had a decent development in the show.

10. Gorf

Gorf Commander Red Shirt

I'm Gorf, and I'm afraid I suffer from a horribly incurable case of J/C-holic. :)

11. Tachyon

Poor Gorf. You know - they might say that there's something wrong with you, but don't believe them! We don't need 12-step program to survive! We do not admit to be powerless over J/C- dom, nor do we make a list of all the people we've ingored during we get our fix of J/C to make amends to them. :lol:

12. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

Another J/Cer here. :)

13. joyofvgr

I guess the picture you posted sort of implies it. Some J/Cers want to see Seven hurt for "stealing Chakotay," but I don't feel that way. The stupid writers on the other hand... (just kidding)

14. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, Joy. Hope you're who I think you are, lest I'm now making a fool of myself... Wouldn't be the first time. :guffaw:

Anyway, hello, all. I'm teya and I'm a C/7er. I promise you I won't destroy your thread. :)

Just a small request--to try and keep the C/7 bashing to a minimum, if you could, bearing in mind that this is not a J/C-only board and some of us like things that you do not and vice versa. We are all Voyager fans and I certainly hope we can get along. :)

15. Tachyon

It is not a J/C board only, but this is a J/C thread. ;)

And there has not been any C/7 bashing so far. But it is hardly surprising that the concept of C/7 is something that is not appreciated by J/Cers or D/7ers. There is nothing preventing, though, anyone making a C/7 thread, if there is a need for one.

16. teya

You misunderstand. I am welcoming you all to the board.

I am just hoping that you can keep bashing of things other people like to a minimum. That's all.

Enjoy your thread. :)

17. Tachyon

I think a reasonable amount of Voyager bashing in certain threads on this board, so there is no need for us to turn against each other. Nevertheless, in this thread C/7 is icky, so your feelings might get somewhat burned, IF the conversation happens to get into that direction at some point of time. It won't necessarily happen, though. Many J/Cers just deny the very existence of C/7 altogether.

18. teya

That's actually the sanest way for shippers of any stripe to go. ;)

19. joyofvgr

Hi Teya, yeah it's me. C/7 sucks! :p (You know I'm just kidding. I even defended C/7 occasionally in the interest of fairness, even though I always kick myself afterward. I thought I'd provide you with a little positive proof that I am exactly who you think I am.) :lol:

20. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is it OK for an anti-J/Cer to post here as long as I don't "bash"? Because I definitely didn't like it one eensy teensy tiny little bit. Nothing against either character, and in fact I like them both a whole lot, but having the captain and the first officer romantically involved is just icky and incestuous. In fact, in the current military here in the U.S. of A., it could be a punishable (probably a court martial) offense, and I think there are excellent reasons why.

I realize that things are, for some reason, different in the Trek universe, but I don't understand why. People are still people, so I don't see why having a superior romantically involved with a subordinant (a commander involved with someone under his/her command) isn't still an extremely bad idea. It's called "fraternization," and it's just as bad of an idea when it happens on a ship as when it happens in, say, an office. In fact, it's probably worse - CEOs seldom have to command anyone in battle.

If they wanted to bring them back home safe and then start the romance, that would have been fine. But they didn't, did they?

C/7 might have been OK, if they'd led up to it adequately (again, nothing against the characters), although even there...what the heck was Seven's rank anyway? But they didn't, did they? So as it is, I simply loathe it. I try to pretend the whole thing didn't happen.