Once Upon A Time Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Forgive me, but I HAVE to ask.

:alienblush:

SPOILERS FOR TONIGHT's EP.

Is N/B merely dead?

Or is he really quite sincerely dead?

;)

2. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

:confused: I'm confused. How is it that Rumpel was seen with David running in the forest, and then later Emma "un-fused" him and Neal?

3. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Poor writing? That storyline was so silly I didn't care at all about anything in this episode.

How many really believe he's dead? How many times have people been killed just to come back? Oh yeah, about 4 episodes ago! :lol:

4. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't wait for the Wicked West showdown next week. :)

5. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

The reaction to this creative decision is giving me uncomfortable flashbacks to the aftermath of Joss Whedon's decision to kill off Tara Maclay , and has me questioning whether or not I want to continue to interact with a fandom that reacts with this much vitriol to something they disagree with.

BTW, in the interest of full disclosure, I can understand not liking the decision (I've been in that boat with my objections to Joss gouging out Xander's eye in Dirty Girls), but there's a difference between voicing displeasure and villifying the writers for the decision they made.

6. bigdaddy

I'd suggest putting down the joint or the bottle of vodka because I have no clue where this "vilifying the writers" is coming from. A few of us are going "Is he really dead?" because on this show death doesn't mean much. The rest were making fun of how poor the acting is on the Wonderland.

So really, what are you reading?

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

What reaction? there's been less than 5 posts in this thread regarding the episode and only one mentions the writers.

8. bigdaddy

Yeah and mine wasn't based on the death of the show, it was based on the two people in one part that I thought was just nutty and poor.

9. DigificWriter

Fanforum and TVLine.

I didn't intend to imply that there'd been vitriolic reaction here; I was just using this thread as a place to vent.

10. bigdaddy

TVLine over reacts to everything. I'm pretty sure it's populated from 12 year olds that AOL sends over or something. :lol:

I was worried you were seeing things or I wasn't seeing things, in that case one of us needed a lot of help.

11. DigificWriter

I'm an active member of Fanforum's rather robust OUaT community, and the reaction there has been very vitriolic.

I've been sort of feeling dissatisfied with the reaction I've been seeing from certain parts of the fandom/Fanforum community for a while, but tonight I kind of reached my breaking point with the reaction people are having to Neal's death there.

12. bigdaddy

Easy, don't read them.

This is a Star Trek forum, but I rarely go into those forums because the "fans" there are so insane it's not worth it. I was a huge Stargate SG-1 fan and stopped using Gateworld because the people there were so nuts and thought every episode was 10 stars. Or if you say you like Firefly and not love it on here, you are attacked.

I'm a LEGO fan and can't go into most LEGO sites because the people there seem to think LEGO is their best friend and not a company that wants every penny of of them.

I recently bought a 3DS and was on a video game site for the first time in a decade. I said I love it and Nintendo needs to do what they did with the 3DS to save the Wii U (aka make games). I got people attacking me for "bashing" the Wii U and how much they love it means everyone loves it, even though, you know, facts are on my side.

Just a time to go "Screw this" and walk away and enjoy the show. All he was really was a sperm donor, and not that important in the long run. And I think will be back.

13. DigificWriter

^ He (Neal) won't be back.

Also, he was more important than just being Henry's father and Emma's True Love because he was the reason Rumple created the Dark Curse and manipulated Regina into casting it.

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

http://tvline.com/2014/01/20/once-upon-a-time-death-season-3-spoiler-who-dies

Neal...RIP.

15. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Well... if this is true then I suspect all the Swann Queen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funF0OvgQVk

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funF0OvgQVk[/yt]

and Emma/Hook shippers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK0RMO3W2qo

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK0RMO3W2qo[/yt]

are jumping for joy and dancing in the streets. ;)

16. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm actually pretty bummed that Neal died. It didn't have as much of an impact at first because so far death hasn't been a permanent thing, so in the back of my mind there was always the thought that somehow they'll find a way to bring him back.

17. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Poor Neal is permanently dead... until someone has a new idea for him.

18. js

js Captain Captain

I was actually really upset with this. Maybe because it was so unexpected. Maybe because (next to Rumpel) he's my favorite guy on the show. He was the one balancing piece of normalcy for Emma - and I do think he was her One True Love. Which is why I fully expect him to return - in the series finale - to complete their family at last and give her a Happily Ever After.

But in the meantime, I'm sure we'll be getting more Captain Swan. Meh.

Miss you already, Neal.

Did like the Regina/Robin chemistry though. Really worked in this episode.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

On, the other hand, they could be letting us believe it's Neil, and still kill someone else. If Neil's name wasn't actually used, it's not for sure yet

But, yea, at the moment, it's a bummer :(

20. selina

selina Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is something I don't understand about the Episode: The Wicked Witch notices that Rumpel escaped. Therefore the dagger doesn't work. At least that's what she said. Correct? If so, why didn't Rumpel return with Emma and David?