Time Of The Doctor Trailer!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Lonemagpie, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Nooo! Now you’ve cursed him! :)
    Getting a new Doctor is an exciting time, but whilst I don’t feel we quite got long enough to know Eccleston in the role enough for it to be a major wrench, and whilst—must as I liked him—I was ready for Tennant to go, Smith has been, by far, my favourite Doctor since Davison, so I am gonna miss him.

2. Count

Count Commander Red Shirt

I get the feeling that the Christmas special is going to be 1 part of a 2 parter that'll resolve in the first episode of season 8. I don't know what it is particularly, but it feels like a combination of things. The trailer just feels very, "Stolen Earthy" to me, if you get what I mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if the special ends with 11 starting to regenerate and then season 8 ep 1 resolves the story.

The doctor's "permadeath" feels like it should be a bigger narrative event then just a one 90 minute episode.

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it will be explored throughout the entire next season.

4. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I liked Tennant, but didn't love him. Smith has pretty much become my Doctor now, a slot previously held by Davison. So yeah, I'm definitely going to miss him.

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

it would be like Moffat to start the episode with Capaldi knocking on Clara's door and saying "I'm the Doctor, come on, we've got stuff to sort out..."

Which wouldn't fit with the leaked synopsis, but it's the *sort* of thing he'd do...

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

But my point was that Colin Baker didn't get any kind of a sendoff story to commemorate his departure. He was just suddenly gone.

7. Vyse

Vyse Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree with "Caves of Androzani", but not with "Parting of the Ways", I liked the build up in RTD's finales, but I also found his finales themselves to be rubbish. Granted the only issue I have with "Parting of the Ways" was how easy the Daleks were defeated.

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

I'd love to know where you heard this, because they don't even start filming series 8 until next month.

9. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, that is sadly true. Still rooting for an actual regeneration story for him, done by Big Finish.

10. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

He probably got it from the Moffat interview that said Capaldi hops around more than Tennant and Smith combined post-regeneration, or something to that effect, being full of energy, before he settles down and becomes more serious later.

11. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Yes, brilliant idea isn't it?

In all seriousness it would be a very different way to see the incarnation out, and given how there's still at least one Dalek running around yelling he's regenerating it may happen.

Of course, Tennant started to regenerate in The Stolen Earth too...

12. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The covers for the 1980s French editions of the Target books have the Doctor changing age, hair and costume (except he always has a scarf) but keeping the same face. It sort-of works...

13. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

If they hadn't just done a multi-Doctor crossover, I'd like to see a regeneration story that does something timey-wimey to allow the old and new Doctors to overlap for the majority of the story, to interact directly and allow the old one to formally pass the baton to the new one, assured that his future is in good hands. Sort of like the Watcher in "Logopolis" but without the mystery. Or maybe not timey-wimey, but some kind of gradual regeneration where the old Doctor has the new one in his head and can see him and talk to him even though nobody else can (a bit like River in "Name of...").

That sounds entirely bizarre. Do you have a link to pictures?

14. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Will look online. If not I'll have to scan 'em.

15. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Wait hang on...

"The Doctor is regenerating!"

I thought Dalek Clara erased the Doctor from the Dalek's collective consciousness. Has it somehow been restored? Or do they learn of him through the episode?

They definitely understand the concept of regeneration, although maybe it was only the Doctor who was erased, and not the memory of the Time Lords.

16. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The special covers another 900 odd years of the Doctor's life so their rediscovery of him was only a matter of time.

17. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Obviously, they'll have found out about him again. And considering their history with him, I'd imagine they wouldn't be happy about it.

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

They get their memories back, and they're not fucking happy with him.

19. Romulan_spy

Romulan_spy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I noticed in one of the clips that Clara introduces the Doctor to her family as her boyfriend.

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if the Dr knowing his time is coming to a end actually uses his regeneration process as some kind of weapon, and possibly the dalek is running away from it.

Can't wait.