Chuckles' Crush

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by 2takesfrakes, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The problem with the "You're awesome" reply is that the only possible way to continue the conversation further is to agree with the person who just labelled you awesome, and that's a little bit too conceited even for me.

Praise kills conversations, while adding almost nothing.

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Truer words were never spoken, sir! Certainly not on these boards ...

The Generosity of Women never ceases to amaze me.
    You know, it's even possible to pause on the very moment where Chakotay's got this comical expression on his face, because his insides have been kicked out.
    Praise You, Jesus that Good Taste prevailed in this instance in that I didn't have to witness a Chakotay/Janeway love scene! Some things are best kept private. It may not be great entertainment not to show it, but it's sure as heck the only decent thing to do!

3. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

When I make fun of Chakotay but say I'm a J/C fan people are surprised. I am a J/C fan but I do think he wants a dominatrix for a mate. He wants a strong woman to please and love love love and serve.

4. Guy Gardener

(Quite some time ago) Chris Rock said that there will never be a Black Vice President, because some one is going to shoot president Whitey 5 minutes into his first hundred days. Then he used the N word a lot to explain how the shooter is going to be treated like such Royalty in prison after he's caught that he's not even going to try to run.

Why exactly where there no attempts on Janeway's life by the Terrorist scum she was oppressing?

At least one of the Maquis might have thought that things would have been better with his "man" in the comfy chair?

5. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sure kinky things can be done with nanoprobes.

6. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't really get how that works.

The mechanics of it, I mean. Uh, the biological stuff. You know.

Without going into too much detail: if Jean Luc decides to chill out for a few hours with a Dixon Hill holoprogram, and the storyline he role-plays happens to involve Dix having steamy sex with his blond secretary on top of her desk, does he have to clean himself up afterwards? Or does the holodeck just kind of... um, deal with all that itself? Somehow? :confused:

These are the kinds of important questions that the TNG technical manual *should* have been answering, instead of how many killoquads are in one megaquad or whatever. :shifty:

7. Guy Gardener

I've found that if you laugh while a woman is trying to be sexy, that very quickly after your first snort, she will put her clothes back on and leave the room.

8. Guy Gardener

There must be advisory warnings for content on each and every store bought holoprogram, as well as appropriation (wow, that would seems quite out of place.) filters for public holodecks compared to private holodecks. Not every one can write their own programs. lets assume that not every one is a genius computer programmer.

Riker said in the pilot that the holodeck uses replicators and the transporter, so that large or small fractions of the "matter" present is "real" and not resequenced photons.

Of course as the tech got better, more believable, maybe they stopped beaming replicated water into the corner of the holodeck to simulate an ocean front, but they still need to beam in replicated food, because eating resequenced photons can't be healthy.

If they are replicating living trees into position for imaginary forests, and removing them... Are they replicating in the root systems or are they replicating living trees that are cut in half and haemorrhaging life, immediately murdered?

A teaspoon of French spunk doesn't seem much to decompile with the other matter, although they could boil it off? But if a character Jean Luc just had sex with, continues to be part of the story, then it's likely that she is still carrying his Juices in a pocket until her program is dismissed.

9. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I think they evolved the holodeck over the years and they left Riker's explanation out it. I'm sure they mentioned resequenced photons on more than one occasion. Maybe Riker had no idea what he was talking about.

10. Guy Gardener

Google says that the term is exclusive to ENT Expecting. ;)

But I always call that one Tucker got Lucky.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Well, back in the day on the Make It So podcast, the conclusion was that the worst job on the Enterprise was Holodeck Cleaning Duty (tm) after Riker was using it.

Essentially, the penultimate, capital disciplinary duty.

As fun as that notion may be, I prefer to think that a self-cleaning holodeck was the most important feature of the whole concept.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nothing is best kept private. NOTHING.

I'm totally over the whole draw the curtains, trail hurls itself into the tunnel deal.

I want to see! I want to know!

13. teacake

Oh pfft, no.

Sonic showers, sonic cleaning. Done.

And HEY! Maybe that's why Kirk is teh sexiest ever? An earlier time, with souveniers :D

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  14. 2takesfrakes

Boy, you said it, Guy! And what I find is that when she's hot and ready, if you're not in the bedroom, don't try to lead her there! It gives her too much time to have 2nd thoughts about the whole venture ...

15. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Janeway needs a Valentine on this one special day.

[​IMG]

(also for teacake :adore:)

16. Guy Gardener

17. teacake

But it's Riker. Can't we just kill him? Must we stun him? If we stun him it will make Guy's jizz problem seem petty (and we wouldn't want that..) because then we'd have HIS BODY still alive that had to be moved out of my vision, TOTALLY out of my vision only because he wasn't dead we couldn't just roll him down some Jefferies tube into the furnace deck of the Enterprise, we'd have to move him carefully so no marks were made on his body, we'd have to preserve him. With care. Which would suck. And be very unsatisfying.

18. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    :lol:.

I feel my heartfelt Valentine rotting like a maggot-infested fruit on the vine.

19. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I think that's how Chuckles felt mid season 3.

20. 2takesfrakes

What a shame Chakotay couldn't have refused Janeway, no matter what!

If only he could - if only he did - oh, what a sorely-needed lesson he could've taught her. And maybe she'd finally give him what he deserved ...

[​IMG]

"I said I was sorry, Chakotay."

"I know you did."

"So ... we're on, then? Meet you in your cabin in say ... half-an-hour?"

"No. I ... not tonight. I've got plans."

"Plans? What do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing earth-shaking. I was just going to read Trail of Tears."

"'Trail of Tears.' We'll see who's crying next time, won't we ... Chuckles?"